Educating Law Enforcement

Whistlen

Hi,

Trying to put together a brief PowerPoint presentation to educate Police about geocaching.

Anyone have one that I can look at for ideas and such?

THANKS!

whistlen

I'd put one together for you but it looks like it's your plan to put one together.

When you do, share it please.

I admire the fact that you are making the effort to educate the local LEOs in your area. This is a good thing.

But... as somebody that has sat through years of Power Point presentations, please also do something beyond just the "and on this slide we have a picture of decon container... and on this slide we have a picture of a..."

Any time I'm put in the room and somebody turns on Power Point my mind turns to mush, my focus blurs and drool runs down my chin.

It may be that you're the Grand Master of entertaining PP presentations and this will never happen to anybody that sees yours. You may have the "CSI: Vegas" of PP presentations.

But having sat through the "CSI: Miami" of PP presentations I suggest that you should make the PP just a side-dish to a larger presentation and not the main course.

-Cubicle Drone #119632

I admire the fact that you are making the effort to educate the local LEOs in your area. This is a good thing.

But... as somebody that has sat through years of Power Point presentations, please also do something beyond just the "and on this slide we have a picture of decon container... and on this slide we have a picture of a..."

Any time I'm put in the room and somebody turns on Power Point my mind turns to mush, my focus blurs and drool runs down my chin.

It may be that you're the Grand Master of entertaining PP presentations and this will never happen to anybody that sees yours. You may have the "CSI: Vegas" of PP presentations.

But having sat through the "CSI: Miami" of PP presentations I suggest that you should make the PP just a side-dish to a larger presentation and not the main course.

-Cubicle Drone #119632

I have NEVER violated the Death by PowerPoint mistake! I am proud to say that I can make NIMS fun!

(look it up on the FEMA page if you're not sure what that is)

The intent is to formulate a PP and have voice narration added to it so it can be viewed during a roll call yet no need for me or anyone else to be at each one to present it. I got a few good ones and if you do a search for "geocaching PowerPoint" you'll come up with some dandy presentations. I was just asking here to see if someone had one all geared towards public safety already. Why re-invent the wheel!

Hi,

Trying to put together a brief PowerPoint presentation to educate Police about geocaching.

Anyone have one that I can look at for ideas and such?

THANKS!

whistlen

A friend of mine Zinnware had made this presentation for some classes that he had taught in the area.

I was to use it to have a class given to a group called Women of The Outdoors, but the class never happened anyhow look the links over and see what you think.

This link contains a presentation of 52 pages of a full blown presentation

that takes about 1 hour to present. Note: Slides 45-52 are optional.

PDF Version:

http://zinnware.com/HighAdv/Geocaching/pre...manOutdoors.pdf

PowerPoint Slideshow: 21MB

http://zinnware.com/HighAdv/Geocaching/pre...manOutdoors.pps

GPS Comparison Sheet:

http://zinnware.com/HighAdv/Geocaching/pre..._Comparison.pdf

Printable Handout to present to those attending:

http://zinnware.com/HighAdv/Geocaching/pre..._geocaching.pdf

I hope this helps. More effort and Geocachers will be needed if you plan to

take them outside and hunt some fake Geocaches. This involves making up

one-day only demonstration caches and creating cache sheets. With 30 people, it is very hard to lead a group of that size by yourself. I recommend I geocacher leading a group of 5 or less. 30 people would require

6 geocachers. You also would have to ask permission to place caches on the

property even if they are demonstration caches.