Celtic Spirit Series: Life, Spirit, Mind, Soul, Body, Heart

avroair

Here is my latest event coin, it hails from a Celtic Pattern I saw at a museum. I wanted to do something a little different with a Celtic Themed Coin. The design isn't finished yet, I am not happy with some of the detailing, but it will hold 5 gems. There will be different color gems with each version.

4fc31a53-c33f-4fda-a7a5-bf9777b3c47d.jpg

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Love the design and artowrk in this. If I hosted an event in Colorado, could I get a version for me in like 50-100 coins?

Hmm... hadn't thought of that... possibly. We did a Kiss Me I'm (not Jeremy) Irish multi-event a couple years back.

Can I put in for a color combination, just in case?

Translucent Green Enamel/ Orange Enamle and foggy silver plating

or

Translucent Green Enamel/ White Enamle and copper or antique copper plating

Colors of the Irish flag of course. ;)

WOW what a beauty. As I'm Irish I would definately love to buy one of these. Do you usually have any left after the event?

The event versions have sold out most of the time, but www.geoswag.com will have other versions, Celtic symbology has great meaning and the coins represents friendship and harmony with one's surroundings, both virtues have a great deal in common with geocaching. For some geocaching is being part of a community and a social activity. As we go caching we have a greater awareness of leaving no trace. There will be a limited number of each coin available in March.

Light blue gems - The soul represents the joy of simple things. Geocaching gives us a thrill of the hunt and a satisfaction of a find.

Purple gems - The body represents strength and fortitude. Geocaching takes strength and endurance to find the out of the way caches.

Green gems - Life represents the natural outdoors. Geocaching takes us to extraordinary scenic spots and helps us get closer to nature.

Dark blue gems - Spirit represents to desire and will to continue. Geocaching requires determination to continue after a DNF.

Orange gems - The mind represents intellect and wisdom. Geocaching requires wisdom to solve puzzles.

Red gems - The heart represents love and friendship. Geocaching can be a social occasion.

Edited by avroair

Alongside my event version, here are the other 6 versions of the Celtic Spirit Series that www.geoswag.com will be selling mid-March, there are 100 minted of each.

Celtic Mind (not shown)

Celtic Soul

Celtic Spirit

Celtic Wisdom

Celtic Heart

Celtic Life

Celtic Body

edf2a4c0-af5d-4bac-97ee-2929022a457a.jpg

Very nice looking. I like the green one the best!

Are the coins the same on both sides?

Edited by Tha Saint

Oh!!!!! Fantastic design!!!! They remind me the Damaskino jewells and art I saw in Spain! I think they were called like that! It was the art Jewellers from Damascus brought in Spain, and in spain it still exist! B) Lovely!!!!!

To tell you the truth I fell in loce wit the yellow and the orange (?) ones!!! Oh!!! :)

Wow, Not sure how I missed this a few months ago, but this is a must have, they look phenomenal!

Is there somewhere we can buy/order these or are they only for an event. I LOVE them. I've seen some on eBay but don't see a link in this thread to order/buy.

Looks like the yellow/orange version is the event version, and all the others will be on geoswag.com soon. Don't see em yet, but up above Mark said March, so in the next couple of weeks would be a good bet.

Is there somewhere we can buy/order these or are they only for an event. I LOVE them. I've seen some on eBay but don't see a link in this thread to order/buy.

The event versions have sold out most of the time, but www.geoswag.com will have other versions, Celtic symbology has great meaning and the coins represents friendship and harmony with one's surroundings, both virtues have a great deal in common with geocaching. For some geocaching is being part of a community and a social activity. As we go caching we have a greater awareness of leaving no trace. There will be a limited number of each coin available in March.

Here is my latest event coin, it hails from a Celtic Pattern I saw at a museum. I wanted to do something a little different with a Celtic Themed Coin. The design isn't finished yet, I am not happy with some of the detailing, but it will hold 5 gems. There will be different color gems with each version.

Hi,

I think you and Nora Roberts are hanging out at the same museum. <_<

Here's one of her book cover :

9782290008973FS.gif

Hi,

9782290008973FS.gif

ooopsies, not a good thing, unless you designed the book cover.

Edited by RedShoesGirl

Hi,

9782290008973FS.gif

Yep the design is a from a Celtic Symbol, not from the book. I was inspired by the former and drew up my own artwork.

Edit to add: I hadn't realized the cover artist for the book had used it.

Edited by avroair

Hi,

I think you and Nora Roberts are hanging out at the same museum. :huh:

9782290008973FS.gif

Yep the design is a from a Celtic Symbol, not from the book. I was inspired by the former and drew up my own artwork.

But If so, where could he ( book cover artist) have seen the design then? Just wondering... :)

Hi,

I think you and Nora Roberts are hanging out at the same museum. :huh:

9782290008973FS.gif

But If so, where could he ( book cover artist) have seen the design then? Just wondering... :)

me too, the designs are the same. is there some celtic jewelry piece out there you both could have copied for your designs? the book cover looks like a photo, but it is hard to tell from the size of the pic.

rsg

Edited by RedShoesGirl

me too, the designs are the same. is there some celtic jewelry piece out there you both could have copied for your designs? the book cover looks like a photo, but it is hard to tell from the size of the pic.

rsg

In a museum according to Post #1

Great design, I'd love to know the souce as well. Make a good cointest. I am guessing a pendant.

Tranquility eat your heart out :)

Hi,

I think you and Nora Roberts are hanging out at the same museum. :)

9782290008973FS.gif

Very nice!

I thought you designed it from scratch! *gulp* ;)