average time for review?

NnJRadabaugh

Whats the average time it takes to get a cache reviewed? I submitted one last night, going on 19 hours ago. I was told it wouldnt take long to get it approved. Is this a normal wait time or are the reviewers just not online today?

It can take up to 3 days for a NEW cache to be approved. After all the reviewers are just volunteers and have a life outside of Geocaching. It is also a Holiday week which could cause a slight delay. Be patient it will get approved if it is within the guidelines. On a side note, I have had them approved within 15 min before.

Whats the average time it takes to get a cache reviewed? I submitted one last night, going on 19 hours ago. I was told it wouldnt take long to get it approved. Is this a normal wait time or are the reviewers just not online today?

The reviewers are normal people with a normal life and they like to geocache, and some of them even have other jobs. Perhaps your reviewer had to work late last night. 72 hours is the service goal.

Jim

Are you serious? This year geocachers from Poland were wait sometimes more than 1-2 weeks :)