What does the logbook look like

unknowntbeast

most people tend to do their own thing. I've seen just a blank sheet of paper in there to start. Using a log book a lot of people will put the name of the cache and their geocaching name on the front so when a finder opens it they know it's that cache. Also I like to leave a little spot on the first page that marks who the first to find is so they can sign that spot in particular.

Edited by jho135
I preping to place my first cache here soon, and it will only have a log in it. But what does it need to be like? Not as in physically what it looks like, but is there a format that is used like Name, GC#, Date, etc..? Or do I just put it in there and people do there own thing?
Please don't get me wrong... there is no requirement for number of caches found before hiding, and I am not a proponent of such a restriction. In fact, I appreciate your enthusiasm to participate. Nevertheless, I see that you have so far only found one cache. Don't you think you might want to find enough where you could at least know what the logs look like?

To answer your question, though... what the log looks like is totally up to you. It also depends on the size of the cache... an ammo box can have a good sized spiral notebook, whereas a nano has a strip of paper about 1/8" wide and barely room for initials. Typically, though, they have only date and name. Some have a spot at the top that is "reserved" for the first finder, but that is totally not neccessary. Some have nothing but a blank roll of paper.

This site has some printable logs in pdf format: http://www.cacheboxstore.com/logs/logsheet.html

This site (pretty cool... I just now discovered it) lets you design your own format: http://www.geobuddy.com/help/geocache_log_list.htm