Please add Trip Odometer Reset

kbellis

I think that it would be a nice feature if from any screen which displays the Trip Odometer, there could be an easy means of resetting it and it alone. One idea to facilitate making it resettable is from within the pick list for changing fields - on the Colorado, Dakota and Oregon - as shown below.

How do other users feel about this suggestion?

Oregon550_Map_n_TripOdometer.png . . . Oregon550_OdometerReset.png

Edited by kbellis

Are you making a feature request for a Garmin GPS unit?

If so, I would respectfully advise that the request should be made to Garmin. As far as I know, Garmin doesn't read the Groundspeak forums. And even if they do, it's doubtful that they would make feature changes as a result of what they would read here.

Or did I completely misunderstand your post?

Hi MM,

It would be nice to think that Garmin monitors this forum, but primarily, I was curious about garnering support/ feedback for the idea before pitching it to Garmin. Other users may take the idea and apply it to features that they'd like to see reset; e.g., Recent Find

Sorry, I should clarify, it’s not the reset function itself I’m referring to, it’s actually a good idea.

I’m simply referring to *where* they put the reset function. A field selection page just isn’t the place for something like that it, it goes against the natural intuitiveness to find an action like that there.

Sorry, I should clarify, it’s not the reset function itself I’m referring to, it’s actually a good idea.

I’m simply referring to *where* they put the reset function. A field selection page just isn’t the place for something like that it, it goes against the natural intuitiveness to find an action like that there.

I agree that the function doesn't really belong on the field selection page. The most logical location might be on the Setup... Reset page, just below the "Reset Trip Data" item.

In case it makes any difference, I also think a "Reset Trip Odometer" function would be a good idea. When I first started playing around with my Oregon 550t, I was surprised that the function was missing.

--Larry

While the idea has merit, Garmin is not going to add a RESET action to a field selection menu. It ain’t going to happen.

I can reset the trip odometer on my 60CSx. Why couldn't they add the same feature to the Colorado/Oregon series?

--Larry

I don't think the OP is saying the function is missing. He just wants it in a different location, screenwise. The manual shows a Trip Odometer reset function on page 15.

Edited by jmd65

While the idea has merit, Garmin is not going to add a RESET action to a field selection menu. It ain’t going to happen.

I can reset the trip odometer on my 60CSx. Why couldn't they add the same feature to the Colorado/Oregon series?

--Larry

I don't think the OP is saying the function is missing. He just wants it in a different location, screenwise. The manual shows a Trip Odometer reset function on page 15.

The OP specifically asked for a way to reset the Trip Odometer, not all the fields on the Trip Computer screen. My manual (on page 22 *) has instructions on how to "Reset Trip Data" where trip data includes all the information on the Trip Computer screen, not just the trip odometer, which is just one (optional) field on that screen. I still don't see any way to reset just the trip odometer without also wiping out the rest of the trip data. On my 60CSx, I can select (to a certain extent) which trip data fields are reset.

To jmd65: What does page 15 of your manual say about resetting the Trip Odometer? Maybe there's a way to do it that isn't in my edition.

--Larry

* Page 15 of my manual deals mostly with track management; is there more than one edition of the manual out there?

Hi MM,

It would be nice to think that Garmin monitors this forum, but primarily, I was curious about garnering support/ feedback for the idea before pitching it to Garmin. Other users may take the idea and apply it to features that they'd like to see reset; e.g., Recent Find

Ok. I get it now. Thanks for the clarification.