Lincoln Highway

rdeg

Does anyone know if there is a group of geocachers that put caches out along the historic Lincoln Highway?

I'm a member of the Lincoln Highway Association, and have done a little letterboxing on the highway in California (Search for "Lincoln Highway" at letterboxing.org). The Highway is definitely ideal for both letterboxes and caches and has a lot of unrealized potential. You might contact the Iowa Chapter directly to see if they have anything in the works. There have also been a few Lincoln Highway themed Volksmarch events, and probably more to come. Brian Butko's blog about the highway is a great place for up-to-date information too, or as a source for locations and ideas.

If you discover anyone who's caching on the Highway, please let us know. (And, vice versa. The Chapter newsletters and our national magazine, The Lincoln Highway Forum, are the best places to watch for event or other info, along with Brian's blog.

See you on the road!

Miss Kell Brigan

Treasurer, California Chapter

Lincoln Highway Association

Does anyone know if there is a group of geocachers that put caches out along the historic Lincoln Highway?

Do you mean caches that are specifically related to the Lincoln Highway? Otherwise you could just do caches along a route and see what's placed nearby.

There's also the Lincoln Highway Markers at Waymarking.com

As for a group, I know of caches that are placed at various LH monuments but I'm not aware of a group specifically set up to place them.

Edited by BlueDeuce