New GPS, Help?

BetalJuice

Hello, I need some help with my new geocaching GPS, it will not register on my computer, It says I need some sort of disc or something to fully install it. The GPS is green and kinda feels like spongy rubber, The cord connects from the GPS to the front of my computer. I know it works because it displays multiple options and such. Can someone give me some ideas of what to do?

B)

Hi & welcome to Geocaching :)

First of all, the GOOD news is, you don't NEED to connect the GeoMate Jr to your computer at least not immediately. It comes pre-loaded with a few hundred thousand geocaches already in it's memory!

If you start it up properly it should automatically tell you where the nearest caches are to your home. Is it doing that?

Later on you can plug the thing into your computer to refresh it's list of caches.

Go out & have fun with it immediately!

Hi. It's been a while since I've done it myself so I'll apologize up front for my very fuzzy brain that has almost no memory capacity. If you follow the instructions that came with your update cable and go to http://mygeomate.com/ at that site there is a little software application that you need to download to get the update cable to work.

I'm not sure, but I'm wondering if maybe you're trying to send geocache info from gc.com to your Geomate Jr.. If so that would be incorrect. The Geomate Jr. can only get the updated list of caches from http://mygeomate.com/. I will send the company rep that frequents the forums a link to your question so hopefully he can be of more assistance than me. The folks that manufacture the Geomate Jr. are always very friendly and helpful so check back here to see if they've responded yet. Good luck! :)

Hello, I need some help with my new geocaching GPS, it will not register on my computer, It says I need some sort of disc or something to fully install it. The GPS is green and kinda feels like spongy rubber, The cord connects from the GPS to the front of my computer. I know it works because it displays multiple options and such. Can someone give me some ideas of what to do?

;)

G'day BetalJuice

My name's Waz and I work for the company that makes the Geomate.jr - the GPS that you have. The cable that you have is used to update the Geomate.jr with the latest list of caches for the USA or other parts of the world. The updates work through the web site www.mygeomate.com and you need to install the Update Kit software. To install the software, simply go to www.mygeomate.com, click on the UPDATE menu item, and create an account. You will then be presented with a page where you can download the software as well as info on the installation.

If you need further help, feel free to email me direct at warren@apisphere.com

Cheers

Waz