Where to buy Camo Duct Tape?

TahoeDan

I tried to perform a search for this but since all of the words I wanted to search for were under 5 letters I was unable to perform the search.

I want to get some camo duct tape (or any other type tape that is recommended) to tape up some lock & lock's. I have found solid color's at a couple of craft stores but can't seem to find any camo tape. Does anyone have any recommendations for type of tape and where it can be purchased.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

I'll echo briansnat's remark about the cloth tape being preferable.

Duct tape can have a shine to it, which somewhat defeats the purpose of the camo efforts. The cloth tape is a matte finish, and is often done in a pattern such as RealTree or Mossy Oak, which includes graphics of sticks, leaves, etc., so it can really blend in well.

I checked several Wal-Marts, a K-Mart, a Gander Mountain, and a Lowes but came up with nothing. I finally found some at a Dicks Sporting Goods. It was about $5 a roll. Worked good on 2 Ammo cans I had.

Why tape an ammo can?

If you're in Texas Academy Sports carries the tape for about $5 a roll. Wal-Mart almost never has it since they remodeled their stores. B)

I checked several Wal-Marts, a K-Mart, a Gander Mountain, and a Lowes but came up with nothing. I finally found some at a Dicks Sporting Goods. It was about $5 a roll. Worked good on 2 Ammo cans I had.

Why tape an ammo can?

If you're in Texas Academy Sports carries the tape for about $5 a roll. Wal-Mart almost never has it since they remodeled their stores. B)

I've never had trouble finding it at the Wal-Mart in Mesquite (on 80).

I have found it recently at a Big Lots in Plano, also. Fall colors, but much too bright for North Texas fall which lasts about 30 seconds.

Land Sharkz based in Vancouver, Canada, sells the cloth camo tape. These guys are reputable business people who love caching - and I love to support them! US customers are welcome and well-catered for. Check out their website here :)

Canadian Tire sells camo hockey tape in the sporting goods section. Good stuff. Not shiny. very sticky and lasts good in the cold (it is hockey tape after all).

Bruce.

BTW, checked out the Land Sharkz website... some very nice stuff there at a reasonable price!

Edited by brslk

Why tape an ammo can?

4182968153_f9c111ee3c.jpg

Why Not!

Looks nice now, but it'll peel off and fade. The large geocaching stickers are pretty glossy too, which kills the camo effect unless placed sticker side down. Been there, done that. :)

True.

I spray paint all of my ammo cans now. I purchased several different shades of green, brown, and black and then I lined up about 20 ammo cans and did them all at once with the spray paint.

Should last longer than the tape and I think I've come up with a color combination that blends better with our local foliage than the tape.

Why tape an ammo can?

Why Not!

Looks nice now, but it'll peel off and fade. The large geocaching stickers are pretty glossy too, which kills the camo effect unless placed sticker side down. Been there, done that. :)

True.

I spray paint all of my ammo cans now. I purchased several different shades of green, brown, and black and then I lined up about 20 ammo cans and did them all at once with the spray paint.

Should last longer than the tape and I think I've come up with a color combination that blends better with our local foliage than the tape.

I agree to tape eventually peeling off, and it leaves a sticky mess. It don't matter if it's matte or cloth, tape will eventually peel off, leaving a sticky mess as it disintegrates. I'm starting to paint my containers as well. I will consider camo tape for temp containers or if well protected from the elements.

Land Sharkz based in Vancouver, Canada, sells the cloth camo tape. These guys are reputable business people who love caching - and I love to support them! US customers are welcome and well-catered for. Check out their website here ;)

I agree with you about Landsharkz! They are on Vancouver Island, and we are lucky enough to be able to pick stuff up directly from them (making an appointment.) They are very active in the geocaching community around Victoria. Thanks for mentioning them...they're "good people."

I used some plastic camo tape from the local sports store that cost an arm and a leg.

I put it on some lock and lock boxes. It came off before I even placed the cache. The next time I took it out of the bag it was in the tape had stuck everything in the bag together.

I'd try cloth tape if you're really stuck on using tape. ;)

I'll paint mine next time for sure!!!

Camo duct tape for lock n locks. Get it at Canadian Tire (for you Canadians)

I pain my ammo cans. I have three different camo toned spray cans and a selection of plastic oak and maple leaves. Just paint one colour, place the leaves randomly on the sides and spray the other two colours lightly over the leaves. Makes a very effective camo that will last a long time even in our harsh winters.

I also have some plastic magnetic letters that I'll paint over as well.

ammocan.jpg

I tried to perform a search for this but since all of the words I wanted to search for were under 5 letters I was unable to perform the search.

I want to get some camo duct tape (or any other type tape that is recommended) to tape up some lock & lock's. I have found solid color's at a couple of craft stores but can't seem to find any camo tape. Does anyone have any recommendations for type of tape and where it can be purchased.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

I don't understand the "under 5 letters" part.

What were you using to do your search?

Try google ... you get tons of hits for camo duct tape!

EDIT:

Never mind ... you tried searching on the forum. Your first mistake IMO. Google will give you more forum hits than the forum search engine with no restrictions.

Edited by BC & MsKitty