How long before i class my tb as missing

picona

My first TB TINY TED has been in the hands of beaus buddies for nearly 3 mts now. I have email them a few times and have had no email back. Getting worried about him now. So how long do u wait intell you mark it as missing. There maybe a good reason they have not moved him on. If anyone knows them could they plz ask if he is fine :rolleyes:

My first TB TINY TED has been in the hands of beaus buddies for nearly 3 mts now. I have email them a few times and have had no email back. Getting worried about him now. So how long do u wait intell you mark it as missing. There maybe a good reason they have not moved him on. If anyone knows them could they plz ask if he is fine :rolleyes:

A look at their history shows that they have not cached since Oct when they picked up the TB.

They may not be prolific cache hunters however why not place a note on the TB page itself. That may reach their attention

You can mark it missing whenever you want - If it gets placed into a cache later on then whoever has it can just use the tracking number to bring it back into the game.

The more debatable issue is, "When is it appropriate to send out a replacement using the Copy TB tag?"

Let's hope Tiny Ted is safe somewhere and maybe he will resume his travels sometime next year... perhaps those who have him are "fair weather" cachers only.

MrsB

My TB went missing in the good ol USA almost as soon as it landed back in july I think.

I have just had an e mail to say that the dog tag has been found and hopefully it will continue on its way.

Of the 3 released by me it looks like this one is the only one to survive. 1 lost in the USA after a good few miles and another one lost in Holland.

In your case it would seem that the cachers in question have forgotten to place it or have not been caching for a while. I have this problem because wifey and son hate geocaching and I have 2 jobs covering most days of the week but every so often I will go out and do a few. If I have a tb I always make sure it is dropped off as soon as possible.

FBC

My first TB TINY TED has been in the hands of beaus buddies for nearly 3 mts now. I have email them a few times and have had no email back. Getting worried about him now. So how long do u wait intell you mark it as missing. There maybe a good reason they have not moved him on. If anyone knows them could they plz ask if he is fine ;)

My recommendation is mark it as missing after 30 days starting from the day it is confirmed not in the cache.

If it is missing from a cache or held by an unresponsive cacher, re-release after 1 year. (I would not remove it from the cacher's inventory by marking it as missing. Just grab it away when you re-release)

If the cache was muggled or destroyed (fire, flood) you can re-release immediately.

Edited by BlueDeuce

My first TB TINY TED has been in the hands of beaus buddies for nearly 3 mts now. I have email them a few times and have had no email back. Getting worried about him now. So how long do u wait intell you mark it as missing. There maybe a good reason they have not moved him on. If anyone knows them could they plz ask if he is fine ;)

Having occasionally forgotten about a trackable myself, it's the kind of thing that can happen easily. Throw in the colder and shorter days and it's easy to find how some people just don't get out caching much over the winter months.

Unfortunately it's just a fact of life with TBs that they go missing. I released four of them a while back and most disappeared very fast. One thing I did find is that if a TB is useful in any way (three of mine were bottle openers) they are more likely to disappear.

If the person holding it doesn't move it on when the weather is warmer then it's probably safe to say it's disappeared. In the meantime you could always try mailing again offering to send them a prepaid envelope so they can return it if they aren't likely to continue caching. That may work, although the guy who's had one of my bugs for some 18 months didn't even respond to that.

Having occasionally forgotten about a trackable myself, it's the kind of thing that can happen easily. Throw in the colder and shorter days and it's easy to find how some people just don't get out caching much over the winter months.

Unfortunately it's just a fact of life with TBs that they go missing. I released four of them a while back and most disappeared very fast. One thing I did find is that if a TB is useful in any way (three of mine were bottle openers) they are more likely to disappear.

If the person holding it doesn't move it on when the weather is warmer then it's probably safe to say it's disappeared. In the meantime you could always try mailing again offering to send them a prepaid envelope so they can return it if they aren't likely to continue caching. That may work, although the guy who's had one of my bugs for some 18 months didn't even respond to that.

My wife has a TB that someone had been holding onto for like 6 months. I thought it was gone for good. Then like a month or so ago the guy placed it in a cache. I had e-mailed him several times (nicely) and never got a response. It just goes to show that you never know.

My wife has a TB that someone had been holding onto for like 6 months. I thought it was gone for good. Then like a month or so ago the guy placed it in a cache. I had e-mailed him several times (nicely) and never got a response. It just goes to show that you never know.

That's why I recommend waiting a year if it's being held. It seems like too long a time but not in a bugs life. (unfortunately)