iPod Touch Geocaching app...

alfamily05

I've got the Geocaching.com app for my iPod touch and am really enjoying it. The main problem I am having though (and not sure of a solution) is that using the "Find Nearby Geocaches" they aren't anywhere near me. Searching by my home address, it shows caches that are less than .5 miles from my house as being over 300 miles away.

Online, it works just fine. I wish there was someplace in the "settings" menu to set home coordinates, but I'm not seeing it. Any idea how to get nearby caches to show up?

For the iPod Touch with the Geocaching.com application, it obtains your location from the WiFi access point to which you are (or were last) connected.

How weird. I did connect during the summer while on a trip away from home, but I've connected dozens of times sitting here in my living room since that trip.

Anyone have any idea on how to contact the developers to add a suggestion?

Thanks!

For the iPod Touch with the Geocaching.com application, it obtains your location from the WiFi access point to which you are (or were last) connected.

How weird. I did connect during the summer while on a trip away from home, but I've connected dozens of times sitting here in my living room since that trip.

Anyone have any idea on how to contact the developers to add a suggestion?

Thanks!

Can the built in Google Maps app find your location? You may need to add your access point here.

I've got the Geocaching.com app for my iPod touch and am really enjoying it. The main problem I am having though (and not sure of a solution) is that using the "Find Nearby Geocaches" they aren't anywhere near me. Searching by my home address, it shows caches that are less than .5 miles from my house as being over 300 miles away.

Online, it works just fine. I wish there was someplace in the "settings" menu to set home coordinates, but I'm not seeing it. Any idea how to get nearby caches to show up?

There is actually an iPhone forum here at Groundspeak: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...amp;s=&f=70 .

The developer is aware of the problem and says there is a fix in the works.

On the other hand, if you use the Geosphere app, it already has the function, and is more iPod Touch friendly. (IMHO).

Edited by jmd65