How do we know which sites are on Geomate Jr?

sapblatt

Hi-

We just bought the geomate jr. and are eager to get started. Question is, if we go to geocaching.com and enter our address to find sites nearby, how do we know which of those sites are also loaded on our geomate jr.? Would be a bummer to pick a site, drive to it, and find that it doesn't show up on our geomate jr. I've looked around online but can't seem to find this information...any links for help would be greatly appreciated!

many thanks!

I guess you can turn on your Geomate Jr in your house and compare what is on it with what shows up on your website search.

Beyond that I can't think of anything. Moving this to a more appropriate forum where some experts lurk and may be able to provide advice.

Edited by briansnat

If you've run an update with the update kit, everything up to 4* will be in the junior. There's a few exceptions to this (member-only caches, for example), but the majority of the time you'll be able to hold your own against the big boys of the gps world :)

There's several threads on here about the junior... search for them, & find Warren (geomate jr) & he often provides his contact info if you need more assistance. He works for apisphere, so he's our resident expert! Enjoy it! It's a great gadget! Well worth the money!!

Great buy by the way. Very accurate unit. Holds its own next to my PN-40. You do need the update kit though as I found out. I never imagined caches are placed with such frequency!

As I understand it, given the "beginner" nature of that unit the caches it will contain are better suited for people starting out so you will not get ones that are too hard or virtuals as well as some others.

If you get hooked you'll want another GPSr that gives you more info but you'll want to keep this one around as a backup or for your kids as I have.