What new gps device would you recommend?

I would sincerely recommend an i phone.

the GPS isnt bad,the application is great and works even when the server is down.You can post immediate filednotes(great for FTF so other people dont break their necks/crash their cars in the rush for FTF.Takes nice pictures .

You can also have the grooviest applications in the world (eg dosing of warfarin (medically used ratposion )

and recognizing any modern tune it is made to listen to amongst severla thousand must have apps.

If I cannot find a cache I dont blame my i phone,I blame myself for not being smart enough.

oh,and apparently it works as a phone too!

:)

I've lost my yellow etrex somewhere in the house!! I haven't been geocaching much this last year but am ready to get back into it.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a device as I'm now thinking of buying a new one in the sales.

Thanks

Best excuse I've heard in a while to get a new gadget! Good on ya! I like it.

I would sincerely recommend an i phone.

the GPS isnt bad,the application is great and works even when the server is down.You can post immediate filednotes(great for FTF so other people dont break their necks/crash their cars in the rush for FTF.Takes nice pictures .

You can also have the grooviest applications in the world (eg dosing of warfarin (medically used ratposion )

and recognizing any modern tune it is made to listen to amongst severla thousand must have apps.

If I cannot find a cache I dont blame my i phone,I blame myself for not being smart enough.

oh,and apparently it works as a phone too!

:)

I have one too and while it's great to have I really don't see using it as a primary device. I love having the GC app to be able to get the latest info from the server and all the other niceties you mentioned. Since I just started and am not caching "competitively" I had not thought about the ability to log from the iPhone gives you to post FTF ASAP.

Go to a shop and look at a few, read reviews.

I've recently got myself a satmap. with full UK OS mapping. which I use for paperless caching. Whilst a touchscreen GPS like a garmin would certainly be easier to use I spend a lot of time in the mountains and often gadgets get rather battereed so ruggedness was more important. Also having proper OS maps does help when planning on how to get to each cache.

I started out with a Garmin etrex venture. bit battered but still works. usually carry it if taking other people caching so they have a GPS to use too these days.

Edited by Ant89

I've recently got myself a satmap. with full UK OS mapping. which I use for paperless caching. Whilst a touchscreen GPS like a garmin would certainly be easier to use I spend a lot of time in the mountains and often gadgets get rather battereed so ruggedness was more important. Also having proper OS maps does help when planning on how to get to each cache.

You can get OS on the Oregon, Dakota and Colorado too.....

I suggest you go to a local event and ask if you can try out some other cachers GPS's. Until you try one out properly then you're always buying a little bit blind.