COINSTEST: Bulgarian Mystic Geocoin

Pospalan

Bulgarian Mystic Geocoin Cointest

464_0.jpg

4 Bulgarian Mystic Geocoins will be sent to randomly selected participants with correct answers submitted before the end of the First day of year 2010.

There is the question:

Some of the symbols on the geocoin are unique for an alphabet. What is the alphabet name, where and when it was first used?

EDIT : Please, do not be afraid to send answers even if not sure - this cointest is made for fun and a bit of internet research :lol: . Since there are 3 closely related alphabets some of them known with 2 names, I will consider as correct more answers ( not only absolute correct ones), so more people will have the chance for a geocoin.

I will post a message with the winners after all valid answers are processed ( it depends on the number of replies)

I will send the coins worlwide using Registered Airmail service(tracked but not insured).

You can send answers in private message (if you dont't want others to see your correct answer :D )

All 4 geocoin awards are provided by Geocoinshop.de - more pictures are available in the geocoin shop site (Antique Gold). Awards are Antique Silver and Antique Gold.

Note: If something about the rules is unclear(due to my bad English), please, feel free to ask questions.I will try to answer ASAP.

<storefront link removed by moderator>

Edited by Pospalan

464_0.jpg

4 Bulgarian Mystic Geocoins will be sent to randomly selected participants with correct answers submitted before the end of the First day of year 2010.

There is the question:

Some of the symbols on the geocoin are unique for an alphabet. What is the alphabet name, where and when it was first used?

I will post a message with the winners after all valid answers are processed ( it depends on the number of replies)

I will send the coins worlwide using Registered Airmail service(tracked but not insured).

You can send answers in private message (if you dont't want others to see your correct answer :lol: )

All 4 geocoin awards are provided by Geocoinshop.de - more pictures are available in the geocoin shop site (Antique Gold). Awards are Antique Silver and Antique Gold.

Note: If something about the rules is unclear(due to my bad English), please, feel free to ask questions.I will try to answer ASAP.

Okay.. my answer is sent... Hope I am correct... That was a fun little history search

Edited by Eartha

I'm very happy about the interest and answers until now. I found more people than expected know history or made some research in Google or Wikipedia. I'm sure a will have much more answers before the deadline.

And I hope this cointest is fun:)

@GATOULIS: Thanks for the wishes. I'm glad our neighbours know so much about common history and beyond - the part that is specific for Slavic culture :lol:

Merry Christmas !

Edited by Pospalan

I see many and interesting answers. I noticed many correct answers with various details(not always correct), which means many people are using other sources besides Wikipedia.

It also appears that some sources being correct about the alphabet and some historical facts, also include not scientifically correct or misleading information in the details.

So, please, include also the source of your information if possible ( not mandatory for the cointest, but would be interesting to me)

Thank you for so many messages I received and waiting for new ones B)

464_0.jpg

There is the question:

EDIT : Please, do not be afraid to send answers even if not sure - this cointest is made for fun and a bit of internet research B) . Since there are 3 closely related alphabets some of them known with 2 names, I will consider as correct more answers ( not only absolute correct ones), so more people will have the chance for a geocoin.

Email sent. Thanks for the cointest

Hint: Not elvish runes, no connection with LOTR. The symbols on the Pliska Rosette are authentic ancient symbols, not invented for a book/story. But definitely used for magic rituals, although not very clear what exactly do they mean.

The answer is easy, you need to name an alphabet used by hundreds of millions. However less popular than LOTR :)

Edited by Pospalan

OK

1 Question .....

The "symbols" are standing on the center of the coin, Correct?

You see, through this research I have seen the same symbols ,

in different positions mean different things.

So In your picture of the coins, The symbosl at 12:00 are upright and the

symbols at the 6:00 position are upsidedown, Yes????

Opalsns

@Opalsns : in fact the symbols in the center of the rosette are not the alphabet symbols ( my mistake I did not write about it - these symbols are probably for the Sun God Tangra) - the symbols I have in mind are on the 7 rays. The alphabet I'm asking for has most of the symbols shared with 2 other popular alphabets, but these on the rosette make the difference.

I will accept a second guess for people that think the first post was misleading.

BTW: 1 day left for answers.

Happy New Year ;)

Edited by Pospalan

OK

1 Question .....

The "symbols" are standing on the center of the coin, Correct?

You see, through this research I have seen the same symbols ,

in different positions mean different things.

So In your picture of the coins, The symbosl at 12:00 are upright and the

symbols at the 6:00 position are upsidedown, Yes????

Opalsns

Yes. The symbols are standing on the center.

If you're married, did you have a Traditional Bulgarian Wedding? If so, please share the details with us and maybe a few pictures??

No , I'm not married, but you can find pictures of traditional bulgarian weddings in google images. I like the traditional costumes (click here for female costumes ) They vary in different parts of the country, but are generally rich in complex embrodery and accessories. I will try to find some inf if you are interested.There is a link with information for folk art Bulgarian folk art

I had the ideas to release a geocoin with the best patterns used in embrodery and traditional carpets which are really amazing. There is only one sample I found on Internet

C4550.jpg

Edited by Pospalan

If you're married, did you have a Traditional Bulgarian Wedding? If so, please share the details with us and maybe a few pictures??

No , I'm not married, but you can find pictures of traditional bulgarian weddings in google images. I like the traditional costumes ( they vary in different parts of the country, but are generally rich in complex embrodery and accessories). I will try to find some inf if you are interested.There is a link with information for folk art Bulgarian folk art

I had the ideas to release a geocoin with the best patterns used in embrodery and traditional carpets which are really amazing. There is only one sample I found on Internet

C4550.jpg

Wow, Love That, The Pattern, The bold colors, Wonderful piece of work!!!!

No , I'm not married, but you can find pictures of traditional bulgarian weddings in google images. I like the traditional costumes (click here for female costumes ) They vary in different parts of the country, but are generally rich in complex embrodery and accessories. I will try to find some inf if you are interested.There is a link with information for folk art Bulgarian folk art

C4550.jpg

WOW!!! That is absolutely beautiful

I hope I find some time to create a coin based on some similar embrodery or carpet pattern. Not the same, because this one is probably protected by some copyright ( they list it as Bulgarian folklor pattern, but they sell it some way :) I'm sure it would look grate, but I will need a lot of time to work on the art and I'm not an artist :)

Edited by Pospalan

Sorry fr asking... Are you following the New or the old calendar Pospalan?

If you are following the new, Happy new year, if you are following the old... Merry Christmas (I think...) :P

@GATOULIS: I'm not sure about the new and old calendar ( the church knows about it - so they say when the holidays are).

We had Christmas on 25 Dec and I know other Orthodox have Christmas on 6 Jan. So we are with Catholics on Christmas and with Orthodox on Easter :rolleyes:

I know it is strange, but do not care , because we just have to check with official Bulgarian church calendar for religious holidays.

@All : this is the last day for the cointest - there will be no more extensions.

Sorry fr asking... Are you following the New or the old calendar Pospalan?

If you are following the new, Happy new year, if you are following the old... Merry Christmas (I think...) :)

@GATOULIS: I'm not sure about the new and old calendar ( the church knows about it - so they say when the holidays are).

We had Christmas on 25 Dec and I know other Orthodox have Christmas on 6 Jan. So we are with Catholics on Christmas and with Orthodox on Easter :rolleyes:

I know it is strange, but do not care , because we just have to check with official Bulgarian church calendar for religious holidays.

@All : this is the last day for the cointest - there will be no more extensions.

WOW!! you are excactly like in Greece! We celebrate Christmas like Catholics and Easter like Orthdox too! :huh:

Yes! Some Orthdox countries are still using the old calendar that goes some days back, and have Christmas on January! I thought that we were the only who were celebrating Half & half... (Christmas on December 25, But Easter like all Orthdox countries!)! It is great that we are not alone! It was so strange and complicated.... :P

So happy new year my friend!!!!! :D