My First find!

ProTrkDvr

Found my first two caches today! Good job me! LOL. However, these were after two hours spent looking for my first. :lol: Had to quit after my cell battery was going dead. Note to self: Bring Car Charger. Putting triple anti-bacterial on all the scratches. Second note to self: Don't Wear Ankle Socks When Geocaching. Back hurts from constantly bending over tying shoes after thorns grabbed them. Third note to self: Double Tie Shoelaces. Could not eat my snacks, due to filthy hands digging around for that @#*$ #&%^ first cache, that I never did find. Final note to self: Bring Wet Wipes.

Overall, a productive day (I think). Just Nine Thousand, Nine Hundred, Ninety-Eight to go until I reach 1,000!

Found my first two caches today! Good job me! LOL. However, these were after two hours spent looking for my first. :lol: Had to quit after my cell battery was going dead. Note to self: Bring Car Charger. Putting triple anti-bacterial on all the scratches. Second note to self: Don't Wear Ankle Socks When Geocaching. Back hurts from constantly bending over tying shoes after thorns grabbed them. Third note to self: Double Tie Shoelaces. Could not eat my snacks, due to filthy hands digging around for that @#*$ #&%^ first cache, that I never did find. Final note to self: Bring Wet Wipes.

Overall, a productive day (I think). Just Nine Thousand, Nine Hundred, Ninety-Eight to go until I reach 1,000!

Err, perhaps you mean 10,000?

Anyway, congratulations on starting into this fascinating hobby! Before you know it you'll be solving puzzles and placing your own caches as well. It's all fun!

STOP!! Put your hands up and back away from the GPS receiver! If you quit now, there's hope for a complete recovery. If not, you're likely to end up with an addiction that will cause you to go places that you would NEVER think of going before, but because you want to find that hunk of plastic or metal, you'll willingly put yourself hip-deep into whatever it takes to get to GZ. There is hope, but you have to "Just Say No"! :lol::D

Err, perhaps you mean 10,000?

Anyway, congratulations on starting into this fascinating hobby! Before you know it you'll be solving puzzles and placing your own caches as well. It's all fun!

Hey, hey, hey 10,000? That's too many digits...I need four to count with, one to hit the DNF button.

welcome to the family, best of luck

Hahah....NICE.

Man, that takes me back. MY first find was with my brother, and neither of us knew about the GOTO function in our GPS units. So we drove north until the latitude was close..then West till we closed in on the longitude..then North some more, then West again...took us probably an hour to find that first one, which was an ammo can under a bush in an abandoned sewage plant.

The scrapes, cuts, and other injuries came later.

Welcome to the game. Which GPS did you choose?

Hahah....NICE.

Man, that takes me back. MY first find was with my brother, and neither of us knew about the GOTO function in our GPS units. So we drove north until the latitude was close..then West till we closed in on the longitude..then North some more, then West again...took us probably an hour to find that first one, which was an ammo can under a bush in an abandoned sewage plant.

The scrapes, cuts, and other injuries came later.

Welcome to the game. Which GPS did you choose?

"Santa" brought me a DeLorme Earthmate PN-30. So far, it seems to be a good unit. You can read the screen in bright daylight. I wish my cell had this great of a screen!