Why camo?

bittsen

As a hunter in the past and having a liking for military gear; camo clothing was just a natural choice for me to wear in the timber. I usally only wear BDU pants.

A few other reasons are...

1) lots of pockets

2) cheaper than cargo pants at Cabella's so if I tear they up it's no problem

3) seem to breath better in the summer (my light weight pair are nice an cool)

4) seem to be heavier so they are warmer (my heavy pair)

5) durability

6) so the ammo cans think I'm a "friendly" and don't conceal themselves as much :)

7) they cool cool! ;)

I have had muggles walk right by my while I was off trail and they didn't see me. That is a good thing for them and me.

I concur with 1-5 100% :huh:

My wife and I do not dress is some special way for caching.

But here in Colorado, I suppose we dress in a regional manner. I usually have jeans and a T-shirt or plaid shirt, shirt-jacket or coat depending on temperature. My wife is similar except she always wears a long skirt for urban and non-urban caching. We also were these styles when not caching, so there you go.

Being long term residents of the state, we naturally adhere to the advice of layering our clothing. We often see changes in weather that will boggle the mind. Once a while, if the weather seems threatening or we expect to get off the trail, we'll bring our boots. I have some 30 year old Herman Survivors (original brand name) and my wife has Sorrel pack boots. We put these in the vehicle, just in case.

As for color, earth tones. And I'm generally not interested in camo. To me camo in urban areas is a fashion statement and not about function.

Cache On!!

Warm - jeans, tshirt, sneakers

Cold - jeans, long sleeved tshirt (w thorn poked hole in it), wool lined waterproof boots, fleece hooded jacket w pockets.

PS by tshirt I mean scoop necked shirt - can't stand actual tshirts - material too close to throat and usually too thick for my liking - i prefer really thin soft materials that thorns can easily poke holes in :P

Edited by Opalblade