Who went caching on Christmas

Scubasonic

Turtle Sask-"where do you live that you were able to get 30 caches and not have frozen your fingers off!!! I live in Saskatchewan (Canada). and it is -31. you have seconds to sign the log before your hands fall off!!!!!"

It's never too cold, there's just inadequate clothing. :lol: I worked for 4 winters at the Mount Washington Weather Observatory (NH) where winds greater than 100mph and temps of -30°F are quite common. Their records are 231MPH and -47°F. I'm used to mildly cool weather but I generally draw the line around 0°F to -10°F for comfort and safety.

After a long day of climbing up and falling down snow-covered hills on Christmas Eve (17 finds and 6 DNFs), I was tempted to take it easy on Christmas Day.

But a couple of new caches were published that sounded interesting, so off I went on a rainy afternoon. Found all 5 that I looked for, and went home to kick back with some cold egg nog.

Went out caching with some friends a long time ago, but I wasn't a member then so I didn't log any. Now that I have an iPhone and a car I signed up and went out Christmas afternoon and logged my first 4. (Had one DNF because I couldn't find it in the snow, but I'll make sure to correct that one later. :lol: )

Definitly a fun hobby. Can't wait to go out again!

I HAD to go geocaching in order to get my Christmas presents!

I got my parents into geocaching so my mom made up a printed geocache form, wrapped it up and I had to go out into the desert behind their house and located my "caches" that led me to my presents. Very clever and we had a great time!

We spent the weekend with the son and had to wait for the daughter and family to get there on Christmas Day before we could open presents. The other yooper and the son occupied themselves with a carpentry project in the basement so I grabbed the daughter in law and headed out....we found 3, dropping unactivated coins as Christmas presents in 2 of them, great fun!