Who went caching on Christmas

Scubasonic

So I wanted to know who all went out caching on Christmas Day !!! and how many did ya get. We celebrate Christmas on Christmas EVE, so it left a wide open day for caching on the 25th, so I seized the opportunity to go out early at 5:30 AM and get about 30 and be back home at about noon. The great thing was most businesses were closed, and there were hardly any cars on the roads, Parks empty it was great.

ScubaSonic

Edited by Scubasonic

So I wanted to know who all went out caching on Christmas Day !!! and how many did ya get. We celebrate Christmas on Christmas EVE, so it left a wide open day for caching on the 25th, so I seized the opportunity to got out early at 5:30 AM and get about 30 and be back home at about noon. The great thing was most businesses were closed, and there were hardly any cars on the roads, Parks empty it was great.

ScubaSonic

Since we got 8 inches of rain in the last couple of days I decided to stay at home.....drat!

Sunday I hope the flooding is gone!!

Man, I was going to go caching (and still might do a few) but it's windy out there and I'm all warm.

~LOL~

I was surprised to see a couple new logs on my caches when I woke up this morning though. I guess you weren't the only one from this area that was out caching in this gorgeous sunshine.

One of my christmas gifts was a premium membership, so I promptly went out to find one that was only about a mile from my house that I wasn't able to access before. The snow made it really difficult. I'll definitely be out some time in the next week to find our local "cachemas" series that is currently being published.

Man, I was going to go caching (and still might do a few) but it's windy out there and I'm all warm.

~LOL~

I was surprised to see a couple new logs on my caches when I woke up this morning though. I guess you weren't the only one from this area that was out caching in this gorgeous sunshine.

Yep was out in Lake Oswego and it was windy but clear and beautiful, you should get out there today work off that holiday candy feeling it feels good.

ScubaSonic

So I wanted to know who all went out caching on Christmas Day !!! and how many did ya get. We celebrate Christmas on Christmas EVE, so it left a wide open day for caching on the 25th, so I seized the opportunity to got out early at 5:30 AM and get about 30 and be back home at about noon. The great thing was most businesses were closed, and there were hardly any cars on the roads, Parks empty it was great.

ScubaSonic

Since we got 8 inches of rain in the last couple of days I decided to stay at home.....drat!

Sunday I hope the flooding is gone!!

I know all about the rain we had our fair share the last week or so was wondering if I was going to make my 200 for the month, but today I did so I can relax.........I will be turning 50 on Dec 30 :o was thinking about getting 50 caches that day to commemorate the milestone :) would like to go with someone but looks like I will be solo, most of my caching buddies are working.

Scubasonic

baloo&bd-"Found 1. Had a ton of stuff to do however I am trying to fill missing cache days on calendar and, guess what? I needed Dec 25."
Same thing here, I needed the 25th so I went out and found 1 easy cache that was hidden yesterday about 7 miles away. I did get 35 yesterday though.

where do you live that you were able to get 30 caches and not have frozen your fingers off!!! I live in Saskatchewan (Canada). and it is -31. you have seconds to sign the log before your hands fall off!!!!!

What is the temperature where you live right now on Christmas day?

It was in the 40's here in Washington State.

I only went out and did some photography.

Edited by Dwoodford

So I wanted to know who all went out caching on Christmas Day !!! and how many did ya get. We celebrate Christmas on Christmas EVE, so it left a wide open day for caching on the 25th, so I seized the opportunity to go out early at 5:30 AM and get about 30 and be back home at about noon. The great thing was most businesses were closed, and there were hardly any cars on the roads, Parks empty it was great.

ScubaSonic

santa brought me a gps unit we went out as a familt and found our first ever cache. it was awesome sorry to hear about the snow, it is sunny and warm in florida merry christmas :)

where do you live that you were able to get 30 caches and not have frozen your fingers off!!! I live in Saskatchewan (Canada). and it is -31. you have seconds to sign the log before your hands fall off!!!!!

Yep 43 degrees and sunny here no wind right now, was a crisp but beautiful day here in Vancouver Washington. Also happened to nab 2 FTFs just about an hour or so ago..........Life is Good [^] [^]

Scubasonic

We found two, Sherpanalle and I. Well, Sherpanalle actually found three, a mystery I did find a couple of days ago, she found today while I was logging on my iPhone. We too celebrate Christmas at Christmas eve, so Christmas day is a very quiet day in Norway. We live 500 kms north of the polar circle, and have no sun these days. That means short hours to go geocaching. We also had one DNF because of the snow and lack of light.

Congrats on the FTF nice job :)

Thanks - she's pretty excited about it, never thought she could beat people like you to a FTF :o I guess the regular FTF folks around here are either out celebrating Christmas or too hung over from yesterday's parties ;)

bottom line is no matter how fast or good U R at getting FTFs you can never get them all. I get beat.......occasionally. LOL

Scubasonic

For the first time in years, I did not go caching today. And on Christmas Eve, only two (including one awesome night cache!). The weather folks were predicting a "snownami", and while we did get plenty of snow, it wasn't as bad as predicted, but I had already made up my mind, rented some movies, and hadn't run a PQ. I feel like a real slacker, though... :)

We had 7 inches of snow overnight in Central Missouri so no caching for me today, it's 18 degrees right now and roads are a little slick. I did go out yesterday for a while and grabbed 7 in the mist/rain. Fortunately, I got one on Christmas Day last year so I don't need it in my day/month grid.

38 degrees and overcast here in NYC.

Headed out to Long Island and cached with a buddy this afternoon. Found 27 caches before calling it a day and looked for a restaurant that was open for dinner. Ate at a fab Chinese and tried NOT to think of A Christmas Story!

Was gonna cache on my way home, but the freezing rain started and hindered efforts.

Unfortunately, we are forcasted for freezing rain for the next 2 days and then a deep freeze is to follow. I guess I will be forced to play my brand, new Wii for the rest of the weekend :)

I went today to try to keep my consecutive day streak alive(45). With approx 20 inches of fresh snow, it's getting tough. 1 DNF, 1 find, so I quit for the day

Keep that streak going once you have a lot of days built up you have a hard time letting go of it. Luckly we have mild weather year around and there is at least a few caches that come out everyday in fact BITTSEN's cache just got published about 12 miles from where I am.

ScubaSonic

Yep 43 degrees and sunny here no wind right now, was a crisp but beautiful day here in Vancouver Washington. Also happened to nab 2 FTFs just about an hour or so ago..........Life is Good [^] [^]

Scubasonic

I feel bad complaining about it being 45 here in central Texas.. HA

Seventies and windy for us. A morning birding trip netted a huge number of bird sightings and 2 caches, and an afternoon walk off the feast trip netted the knowledge of a fine conservation area and a nice cache.

This is a new location for my Mother, turns out her new place is less than a mile from one trail head and about 4 miles from another into a large conserved area.

Had to make an 7.5 hour drive back home to NC from the in-laws in TN. Caches along the route are a perfect excuse to stop, stretch legs, and take a leak in the great outdoors instead of a nasty quickie mart bathroom. :)

Only found four, but the point was to get home by midnight so that I could be at work by 8AM.

I just wish there was a way to select caches that were truly near highway exits using the Caches Along a Route tool. Too many times it adds caches that are within reach of the interstate, but not within reach of any exits.

ScubaSonic

i went for most of the day , it was my first time. i'm not sure if i found one or not. i think one was a statue and one had been destroyed by the hobo's not sure (yet). and walked all over one that i am fixen to go back and look some more

Tim

Found 3 of the 5 I was looking for. Did the ones by the shopping center and mall as they were closed yesterday so no muggles. One DNF was just a piece of twine so I think it got muggled. The other DNF is confusing me as others found it last week. Maybe too much snow plowed around it. I couldn't follow the footprints as they were all over the place.

Merry Christmas!!