"Send to GPS" not working on Delorme PN-40

scott.475

Hey all. I don't have much time to do an in depth search right now, as I have to walk out the door in just a few minutes. The last two times I have logged into Geocaching and tried the "Send to GPS" function, I am having success less than 50% of the time. I am using Windows XP and know the plug in is updated. The pop-up opens, but no check marks appear, this happens probably 75% of the time right now, and it does not seem to be specific to on geopgraphic location as we are on a multi-state trip and I have tried loading caches from several different areas. I see another post was having the same trouble but with a Garmin. Any ideas?

I'm no expert, but when I was having trouble it was because the topo 8 transfer dialog had automatically opened when I plugged my gps in, because topo 8 was open in the background. I was trying to send files through GSAK, and it wouldn't work until I closed the topo 8 transfer window. Maybe you have another program trying to connect to your GPSr.

I get the same thing when i FORGET that using Google chrome will not let "send to GPS" happen. I close it, then open Firefox and it downloads no problem!

Is this a possibility with you?

No, I should have specified. Firefox is my default. I guess I can see if the Topo transfer program is running in the background, but I sure see nothing obvious, no new windows opening when I plug in the PN-40.

When one is having a sometimes Yes and sometimes No situation,

I tend to suspect a connection, or cable, issue.

Looking at the connectivity, or lack thereof, as a possible source:

1. Are you using a PC or a laptop?

2. If a PC are you connecting to a USB port in front (on the case) or one in the back (on the motherboard, more reliable)?

3. With your PC on and connected, do you hear a Ka-Ching when you select the mode of Map Transfer?

4. After selecting Map Transfer mode, do you see an indication of another drive in My Computer?

Edited by Team CowboyPapa