Alright, what did you get for Christmas?

JJTally

I am mad that the wind is blowing 45 mph or I would be out finding some caches! Merry Christmas ya'll.

We're disappointed at your lack of dedication to the game. This will affect your platinum membership application.

Just kidding! Nice Christmas gift. Hope you get a chance to play with it soon.

I know I'm not getting anything geocaching related, so I bought myself a Garmin Oregon 300 around Thanksgiving :)

Edited by Chrysalides

A windshield mount for my PN-20! Yay! No more towels or tape or various random articles :) to try and keep the darn thing from sliding across the dash!

Also, while out and about caching just before Christmas I found a pair of camo patterned jeans in the middle of a field. Apparently they had been used to create some sort of costume because the pockets were stuffed full of straw. Probably tossed by some kid after halloween. Soooo..FREE camo for some upcoming holiday caches! :o

Lots of stuff: A pair of high, waterproof boots for hiking on the bayous and the often-flooded Bush Park, a Gerber knife with 10 contraptions for extracting those difficult logsheets, a pair of cammo hiking pants, and a new biking shirt with three pockets since most of my geocaching is done on a bicycle. Oh, and a :) for finding the "Happy Holiday" geocache on Christmas Day.

and a partridge in a pear tree. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

I did get a new GPS - to replace the one the 400T that was stolen from my Jeep...upgraded to the 550T, along with the newly redesigned windshield mount. It's great...has a ball and socket joint like the one that comes with the nuvi, but the arm is also vertically adjustable (or laterally, depending how you choose to mount the suction cup, which by the way is a zillion times more reliable than that crappy one that came with both of my 60CS(x) mounts.

Got a eddie bauer survival kit.

Got a pretty darn nice day for caching - for Christmas. Sunny, about 30 degrees.

Got Settlers of Catan (to give me my exploring fix when I'm not up to going out caching)

Got 5 caches logged with my girlfriend, who let me download Geocache Navigator onto her iPhone (almost as good as getting one myself, but without the huge cell phone bill.)

Got really ticked off at cachers who don't maintain their caches no matter how many DNFs get logged on them!

My geocaching related "present" arrived on the 23rd. An unexpected day off from work, 57 degrees, and the opportunity to take about a 2-mile hike, mapping out coordinates for 10 caches at an area state park/lake! Christmas Eve and Christmas were unbelievable, snowed in with 11" of snow/ice and paralyzed roadways! In north Texas, we aren't equipped to handle that kind of event, so the entire area was shut down. As soon as we thaw out and the snow melts, I can place the new caches.

This is kind of cheesy, but my girlfriend has been with me quite a few times when I've grabbed a night cache. Signing the log is always interesting, as I have to put my mini Maglite in my mouth to see the log, or hold my big maglite in my mouth.

So...

My girlfriend got me a REALLY NERDY HEAD-MOUNTED LED FLASLIGHT!!! It works great and speeds up night cache finding by about 20%, and reduces night cache headaches by about 50%. It was some kind of awesome of her to do that.

PLUS, it takes AAAs for batteries, and I have a bunch of rechargeables leftover from when I switched to the 60CSx from the geomate! SCORE!

After just a few months of "this thing of ours". My wife got me a premum membership.As i have started a bad need for tupperware shopping, clear tape,swag and zip lock bags,etc she got me everything i need to make southwestern Alberta Canada a greater place on the game board we call the planet. :lol::D:D

Edited by Elementry

After much begging, my hubby got me a Garmin Nuvi 255W to use along with my 60CSx. He doesn't cache so he simply can't understand why I needed one since I have built-in nav in my SUV. :D

And while it wasn't supposed to be caching related, I was given a very large lock & lock type Rubbermaid bowl at our church Christmas party. When I opened it, the first thing both my kids said was "a new cache container!" :lol: