COINTEST! Name the geocar!

sunsetmeadowlark

Today started out with me planning on spending a nice relaxing day at home. All of the gifts are bought and wrapped, the food is ordered, the house is clean (well, as clean as it's getting anyway!), and all the outgoing packages are packed and ready to run out to the mailbox before the carrier gets here.

I was still in my PJ's but that first cup of coffee must have had an extra jolt in it this morning! I got feeling energetic and decided to work out for a bit. I still had lots of time before the mail usually comes so I figured I'd get dressed and run everything out to the box after I was done. Wouldn't you know, I got about halfway through and I hear the mail truck pull up to the box. Crud! There's no way I'm running out there in my nightie with my bed head and no makeup so I guess that means I'm going to have to brave the last minute holiday madness and make a trip to the PO. I dejectedly finished my workout and got ready to go. :rolleyes:

I hopped in the car and after spending a full 5 minutes trying to make the right turn off my road onto the highway I finally made it out into the mad dash, all the while thinking "This is SO not what I want to be doing today!". About a mile from my house, amidst dodging the other frantic drivers, I spied something out of the corner of my eye. I about gave myself whiplash turning to see if it was what I thought it was and yes, it was. But as luck would have it I was in the wrong lane so I carried on to the PO where I was exceedingly grateful to online postage processing, the line was huge but I was able to just drop off and go! I swung in and grabbed some lunch to go (yeah, yeah... so much for the workout!) and then made my way along the side roads back to get a closer look at what I had spied before.

Yep, it was exactly what I had thought it was and everything had the potential of making this a very nice day but only if a few factors went in my favor, something that was highly unlikely given the fact that my nice relaxing day had turned into a rat race. But the Gods must have been smiling on me today because all of those factors worked out EXACTLY as I hoped and what was a day of grumbles ended up turning into a day of smiles.

So, now you get to figure it out. What did I see/do that has me so excited?

The first person to answer correctly will win a Best Friends geocoin. The color will be random, whichever one I happen to grab. It will be a fully trackable version but it will be from my bag of seconds and will have some sort of flaw (none of them were too bad but a few were bad enough that I don't feel comfortable selling them). I will mail the coin to the winner sometime after Christmas or you can activate it and I will release it into the wild for you, your choice!

Cointest 1 has a winner but please see post #34 for cointest 2!

Edited by sunsetmeadowlark

There are some really fun guesses here and some I would love to be true but nobody is right yet, keep guessing!

A few potential hints if you can figure them out: What I saw was mentioned but not in the right context. What I saw led me to do something that I never expected to be doing yesterday, you have to guess the final outcome. This event was totally unrelated to family, geocaching, or Christmas but will potentially have a major impact on all three.

BTW, there is no limit to the number of times you can guess.

there was a yard sale or a bazzar to collect money to buy food for homeless... well.. something like that! One of the things that were on sale was something you wanted so much.... something that you can go now out for geocaching or to have fun with the family even if it has a lot of snow outside.... now what this is??? I have no idea.. a snowmobil? A sledge? Ski? special shoes to walk on the snow....

You saw a Vehicle you wanted . Maybe a Jeep or 4 wheel drive vehicle

And bought it

DING, DING, DING!! We have a winner!

I haven't been happy with my Jeep for a long time and wanted to go back into a Suburban but until yesterday hadn't been able to find one that was low miles, had all of the features I wanted, and was a price I could afford. I drive by this car lot (same one I bought my Jeep from) almost daily and this one wasn't there until yesterday. Everything was so perfectly smooth it was unbelievable, from the time I spotted it until the time I had signed the papers and driven it off the lot was less than 2 hours! And the best part was, they gave me more for my Jeep than the price of the Suburban (it's a few years older) so I was able to give the hubby a good sized check to pay on his one high interest loan!

Congrats opalsns! I think I have your address but send it to me again just in case.

Thanks for playing everyone and MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Stay tuned, another cointest is coming soon! :rolleyes:

Edited by sunsetmeadowlark

You saw a Vehicle you wanted . Maybe a Jeep or 4 wheel drive vehicle

And bought it

DING, DING, DING!! We have a winner!

I haven't been happy with my Jeep for a long time and wanted to go back into a Suburban but until yesterday hadn't been able to find one that was low miles, had all of the features I wanted, and was a price I could afford. I drive by this car lot (same one I bought my Jeep from) almost daily and this one wasn't there until yesterday. Everything was so perfectly smooth it was unbelievable, from the time I spotted it until the time I had signed the papers and driven it off the lot was less than 2 hours! And the best part was, they gave me more for my Jeep than the price of the Suburban (it's a few years older) so I was able to give the hubby a good sized check to pay on his one high interest loan!

Congrats opalsns! I think I have your address but send it to me again just in case.

Thanks for playing everyone and MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Mods, you can close this thread. :rolleyes:

Good job!!!! Congrats to both of you!!! To you Sunset for the new car and to Opalsns for finding the answer!!!! :ph34r:

Merry Christmas!!!!! :o

Time for cointest #2!

My new geocar needs a name! She (she's definitely a she!) is a 2000 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4. The color is a silvery gold, (I think it's called champagne) with two-tone dark grey and beige interior. She looks a lot like the one in this picture:

608sm.jpg

You may suggest up to 3 names per post and post as many times as you like BUT you must wait at least one hour between each post.

Cointest ends at 10pm Mountain time 12-27-09 (this Sunday). I will choose a name and the winner will receive a Best Friends geocoin. The color will be random, whichever one I happen to grab. It will be a fully trackable version but as with the earlier cointest it will be from my bag of seconds and will have some sort of flaw. I will mail the coin to the winner sometime after Christmas or you can activate it and I will release it into the wild for you, your choice!

:D she is a beauty!!! What a LADY!!!! :unsure:

The fist names that came in my mind were the ones I will post now....

1) Christine ( I hope it is the same with our Christina, which is the female of Chistos.... Since you got in in Christmas.....)

2) Mary (well... it sounds like Merry.... Hmm... you can always name her Mary Christine! :rolleyes:)

3) bubble lady (from its color.....)

PS1: the name Christine has nothing to do with the Thriller movie with that name and a car! :ph34r:

ps2: forgive me for that... I just do not like the word ...second... in your coins... if these coins have an error or something that makes them different from the others... they are your "special coins"... :o

I like naming them like that.... as I had posted a long time ago.... even a tiny error makes a coin special and unique....

I understand that you name them like that so the winner will know what to expect! :D

GATOULIS' post brought this to mind.

it's a large vehicle sometimes referred to as a boat or a ship :ph34r: it's a safe vehicle "If anyone can save us now, Marie Christine 'tis you"

Champagne is mentioned in the lyrics:

" When I first saw Marie Christine the woman that she was,

I signed onboard to man her sails and honor well her cause

I christened her with old champagne and I drove her to the west" don't know what direction you drove home from the lot but hey any of them will work :rolleyes:

GATOULIS' post brought this to mind.

it's a large vehicle sometimes referred to as a boat or a ship :ph34r: it's a safe vehicle "If anyone can save us now, Marie Christine 'tis you"

Champagne is mentioned in the lyrics:

" When I first saw Marie Christine the woman that she was,

I signed onboard to man her sails and honor well her cause

I christened her with old champagne and I drove her to the west" don't know what direction you drove home from the lot but hey any of them will work :rolleyes:

WOW!!! I didn't know that there was a song for that name!!!! :D It is so perfect!!!!! :D

Joe my friend.... I hope you took my email and my story that was attached... right? :o

Ok... one hour passed! I hope my other post replay to Catsnfish doesn't count! :ph34r:

An other nice name is... Marianne!

It is the French symbol of Liberty too! I know that you are in the States etc, but with this car you are free to go where ever you want... so it gives you the freedom..

The color she has is Champagne... which is French! Liberty is also a great symbol of USA and the statue of Liberty was a present from France to USA.... So..... :rolleyes:

Now... I will post a rare greek name too just to honor my country! :D

How about Andromache???

You probably know this name from Trojan war (Hector's wife), and her name which is a female name, means the one who fights with brave! :o