Find Other Geocachers

Flashgordon20

I am completely new to geocaching. I will be purchasing a handheld gps very soon (as soon as I can make up my mind on which one). None of my friends are interested in trying it out with me. Is there a club or organization I could find in my area where I can meet other new and experienced people in geocaching? I have searched the forums and found:

www.soflocachers.com and www.floridacaching.com

The websites for both of these seem a bit dated with no recent news or events so I don't think these organizations are currently around.

For the record, I live in West Palm Beach, FL

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide. :laughing:

I am completely new to geocaching. I will be purchasing a handheld gps very soon (as soon as I can make up my mind on which one). None of my friends are interested in trying it out with me. Is there a club or organization I could find in my area where I can meet other new and experienced people in geocaching? I have searched the forums and found:

www.soflocachers.com and www.floridacaching.com

The websites for both of these seem a bit dated with no recent news or events so I don't think these organizations are currently around.

For the record, I live in West Palm Beach, FL

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide. :laughing:

Just check the online logs and contact a few local cachers in your area. They will be able to identify any local geocaching organizations, if any. Also, there is a very likelihood that they will be able to put you in touch with one or more cachers who would be more than happy to take you out on a few 'training' runs.

http://www.floridacaching.com/

Good luck.

Edited by Team Cotati

If I'm ever over in the area (which could be often now that I have to branch further more often), I'd be glad to get out and do some caching with you OP. Sadly, the forums that have been made have not stood well over time and more people that meet and get to know each other go the Facebook route. If there every any questions about anything, I'd be more than willing to help out from home.