Geomate Jr. Crash

moocow1452

Hey guys. Having a problem with my Geomate Jr that after a couple months of non-use, I decided to fire it up over the break, and it just will not turn on, despite a fresh pair of batteries. There doesn't look to be any corrosion within the device, and while it has taken a couple bumps, it's always turned on afterward. The receipt from REI is, somewhere... maybe, but I was looking at a second opinion, and I figured that since there are people here that more or less made the device, that someone could give me a hand perhaps?

Might I be the designated noob for a second and ask who Warren is?

Warren is a fellow from the company that makes the Geomate. In the past he was fairly regular in posting in this forum. I stopped following the Geomate a while ago, so I don't know if he still posts or not. I agree, try sending him an e-mail.

How does this sound? Should I go casual, or more formal?

Mr. Hewerdine

The Geocaching Forum said that you were the one to come to with something like this, so here is the thing.

Six months ago, I bought a Geomate Jr at the REI in Ann Arbor, and it has been working wonderfully for geocaching. But after trying to fire it up over break, it simply refuses to start, even on a fresh pair of batteries. It has been dropped a couple of times, but it stayed on after the drop, and booting up was not a problem directly afterward. Also, there is no visible corrosion in the battery chamber, so it probably isn't that either.

While I'm not expecting a full refund, or anything special, what would you recommend to try and rectify the solution, either at the end user level, REI, or your company's level?

[[blanked]]

How does this sound? Should I go casual, or more formal?

Mr. Hewerdine

The Geocaching Forum said that you were the one to come to with something like this, so here is the thing.

Six months ago, I bought a Geomate Jr at the REI in Ann Arbor, and it has been working wonderfully for geocaching. But after trying to fire it up over break, it simply refuses to start, even on a fresh pair of batteries. It has been dropped a couple of times, but it stayed on after the drop, and booting up was not a problem directly afterward. Also, there is no visible corrosion in the battery chamber, so it probably isn't that either.

While I'm not expecting a full refund, or anything special, what would you recommend to try and rectify the solution, either at the end user level, REI, or your company's level?

[[blanked]]

G'day Moocow1452

Warren here, and I'm more than happy to help. Please email me direct at warren@apisphere.com and we'll try to work out what is going on. If we can't, I'm more than happy to arrange an immediate replacement of your unit to get you back out there geocaching. Looking forward to your email!

Cheers

Waz