exporting cachemate info to GSAK

I have the GSAK macro, but cannot figure out how to send my found caches on my Palm T5 from cachemate to GSAK. it says it needs a file. How do I set that file up? when I attempt to export files, it wants to send them to a note pad then the only way I can send the note pad is to email it. cant very well email it if I don't have internet access to it.

It's a multi step porcess.

First, hot sync the PDA. This will create a backup file "defaultitems-cmat.pdb" (unless you've changed the CacheMate DB name) in the backup folder in your Palm install folder.

Second, run CM2GPX.exe. This is a program from the creator of CacheMate that will extract and convert the PDB file to a GPX file. You'll have to read the manual to get the right settings for you.

Third, in GSAK use File=>Load CacheMate logs and finds to update your GSAK DB with the info.

There are several macro's that will automate this for you. Check out the GSAK forums for details (and get more help getting this set up).

I am moving this thread from the Geocaching Topics forum to the GPS and Technology forum. The OP might also consider checking out the support forums for these software products.

Thanks keystone for moving to the proper area, cachemate, doesn't offer a support forum. So I thought I would check here.

I had an iPhone, and it was awsome. however, in my caching area very rarely did I have service. So I canceled my contract and sold it on ebay and actually made a profit.

Now to wait and see if verizon gets their hands on it.

Edited by Brassine Family

I have the GSAK macro, but cannot figure out how to send my found caches on my Palm T5 from cachemate to GSAK. it says it needs a file. How do I set that file up? when I attempt to export files, it wants to send them to a note pad then the only way I can send the note pad is to email it. cant very well email it if I don't have internet access to it.

What macro are you talking about? As was pointed out on the GSAK forum there are macros to aid in getting the cachemate info into GSAK and on to the GC.com site for logging.

Jim