Kid Friendly Caches

KK7X

I am sure this has come up before. In my opinion a "Kid Friendly" Cache should never be a Premium Member only cache. It should be a cache that a kid can use a Geomate Jr. for. Of course the parent could use his/her device but that defeats the purpose of the Jr. BTW we are new to Geocaching and my 10 daughter has a natural talent. We could be 10 feet away from a cache and she will go "I know where it is" and go right to it and grab it. This has happened a number of times. I am amazed every time. :o

KK7X

Edited by Kk7x

I am sure this has come up before. In my opinion a "Kid Friendly" Cache should never be a Premium Member only cache. It should be a cache that a kid can use a Geomate Jr. for. Of course the parent could use his/her device but that defeats the purpose of the Jr. BTW we are new to Geocaching and my 10 daughter has a natural talent. We could be 10 feet away from a cache and she will go "I know where it is" and go right to it and grab it. This has happened a number of times. I am amazed every time. :laughing:

KK7X

Aren't all caches supposed to be family friendly?

If a kid's out caching on his own, there are some of mine I wouldn't want a kid - let alone an adult - to attempt unassisted.

I don't see any reason to change my PM only caches to all users just because there's a new device on the market aimed at kids.... and besides, I thought the Geomate Jr only loaded caches up to a certain D/T rating?

Edited by keehotee