What nuvis will work with paperless caching?

I understand that the Garmin Nuvi 2xx/3xx/5xx/6xx/7xx/8xx will work. however the site I have found info on this was last updated over a year ago.

Will the 12xx/13xx/14xx nuvis work as well as the above models?

I use my Magellan car gps to help me navigate the roads better to the parking area of the cache and have alerts activated. And I have my palm for info and garmin hand held to find the caches.

However my Magellan is pretty much on its last leg and the maps are outdated. And it is a pain to load everything on an SD card and get my computer to recognize it.

The 500 series supports paperless caching out of the box with no add ons.

I was surprised by this recently. I was giving a geocaching class (I do a couple a year at a local hiking area) when one of the students said she had just purchased one a nuvi and I started talking about using GSAK and the need for a macro which made the process a little complicated. She told me about the features and it seems like it might be the first dual/purpose GPS that meets the needs of both sides drive/cache.

I was surprised by this recently. I was giving a geocaching class (I do a couple a year at a local hiking area) when one of the students said she had just purchased one a nuvi and I started talking about using GSAK and the need for a macro which made the process a little complicated. She told me about the features and it seems like it might be the first dual/purpose GPS that meets the needs of both sides drive/cache.

I picked up a 500 because it is dual purpose. Many of the other GPS have street navigation but this is the first one I have found that does things like spoken street names. It really is cool!

Likewise, I have a 60csx with a Dell Axim PDA and now I have the Nuvi 500. Accuracy while in walking mode on the Nuvi was within 4 ft of my first test cache find. Logs and hints are quickly available. There is even a comments feature that doesn't seem to be quite friendly for later viewing. Additionally, Wherigo is also playable. The unit keeps tracks so you can re-trace a big day of caches.

You have to copy the GPX files into the proper directory (GPX) on the Nuvi to be able to access the prior logs and hints. Oh BTW - all caches show up on your screen with the proper icon type for that cache. If you use mapsource to push the caches into the Nuvi like the 60csx, they turn into waypoints and the logs aren't available, neither are the hints. To make it worse, if you do both of the above, the caches will have 2 icons per cache, one from the mapsource and the other from the GPX. As it stands now, I still will use the PDA since I already have it, but the Nuvi is very nice for having the info all on one device, and it tells you how to get there! Still trying to get a full understanding of all the Nuvi features. So far = Very Nice.

BikeNfind - Jerry