GC1XN1E will not Send to GPS

ICHTHYS

Does that GPSr support having the description sent to it? If so, then the issue might be the send applet barfing on the single quote/apostrophe that is in that cache's description.

To confirm, try sending GC2242Y - it also has the single quote character in the description.

I've seen that happen with single or double quotes in the title but not the body. If this is the issue, I'd try suppressing the sending of the description (if possible).

Does that GPSr support having the description sent to it? If so, then the issue might be the send applet barfing on the single quote/apostrophe that is in that cache's description.

To confirm, try sending GC2242Y - it also has the single quote character in the description.

I've seen that happen with single or double quotes in the title but not the body. If this is the issue, I'd try suppressing the sending of the description (if possible).

I'm confused. Are you talking about this little character of the OP's example between the I and m re: I'm? AKA an apostrophe? Or is there some rogue single quote in the description that I have missed?

Being the curious type, I'd really like to see the resolution of this issue should it be discovered. Thanks.

I'm assuming that every other waypoint that the OP has loaded has worked just fine, if so, then this one is is truly strange.

Edited by Team Cotati

That one sent just fine.

There are "known issues" with Send To GPS for certain caches due to something in their descriptions. Last I heard, Groundspeak was still trying to work out the problem.

Just had 18 new caches in my area and not a one of them will load using the Delorme Plugin. Acts the same as described in the previous posts. Had three other new ones, the load fine. :laughing: Going to be a handload to do these I guess. :laughing:

willy

I'm glad I did a quick search because I was just going to post the same question. I am totally new to geocaching (found my first 2 yesterday :rolleyes: ) and was trying to load some more onto my PN-40. Got a whole bunch to load, but there were a few that, once the box opened, nothing else happened. I had to use the X button to close the box. Someone mentioned something about "handloading" caches (I think that's what they said); is that a way to get the info into the GPSr, and if so how do you do that? Thanks.

I'm glad I did a quick search because I was just going to post the same question. I am totally new to geocaching (found my first 2 yesterday :rolleyes: ) and was trying to load some more onto my PN-40. Got a whole bunch to load, but there were a few that, once the box opened, nothing else happened. I had to use the X button to close the box. Someone mentioned something about "handloading" caches (I think that's what they said); is that a way to get the info into the GPSr, and if so how do you do that? Thanks.

They mean manually entering the coordinates into the unit.

I'm glad I did a quick search because I was just going to post the same question. I am totally new to geocaching (found my first 2 yesterday B) ) and was trying to load some more onto my PN-40. Got a whole bunch to load, but there were a few that, once the box opened, nothing else happened. I had to use the X button to close the box. Someone mentioned something about "handloading" caches (I think that's what they said); is that a way to get the info into the GPSr, and if so how do you do that? Thanks.

They mean manually entering the coordinates into the unit.

And that is usually done by Marking a location (there should be a button for that on the unit) and then editing that location.