500 - Internal server error

geo_trekers

If you get one of these 500 errors, please post here as soon as you can with the following information

At the moment I can reproduce this error as follows:

- open a new IE8 instance

- open My PQs (http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/)

- Click on 2 PQs by holding CTRL to open them in new tabs

- "Submit Information" from one of those new tabs

->> from now on I can´t access any GC site in this Browser-Session

Closing IE and start again erverything is fine again.

I´ve encountered this problem very often in the last weeks while working with field-notes: I normally open some logs in different tabs working with them parallel.

After the site-update it is now the first time I can NOT reproduce THIS error!

Posted this in another topic and was referred here instead. Here's a copy and paste of my 500 error and how I am getting it.

Cleared browser cache.

"500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

I went to MY Profile>Trackable Items (Yours) and clicked "Yours">sort by "last log" and get this error. Sorting by distance works fine.

Using Win Vista with Firefox 3.5.7

EDIT to add: Also doing it under Ubuntu(Linux) 9.10 with Firefox 3.5.7.

Posted this in another topic and was referred here instead. Here's a copy and paste of my 500 error and how I am getting it.

Cleared browser cache.

"500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

I went to MY Profile>Trackable Items (Yours) and clicked "Yours">sort by "last log" and get this error. Sorting by distance works fine.

Using Win Vista with Firefox 3.5.7

EDIT to add: Also doing it under Ubuntu(Linux) 9.10 with Firefox 3.5.7.

Hey, I just got my first 500 error from GC.com. :lol:

I've somehow managed to not get bitten by this error that so many others have reported, but this "sort by last log" link gives me the error every time now. The "sort by Name" and "sort by Distance" links still work for me.

--Larry

Edited by larryc43230

The sort by Last Log on the trackables list and the Groundspeak Goodies 500 errors have been reproduced and are in the queue for fixing. The latest release of the site contains code to help correct some of the random, hard-to-repro cases of this error and so hopefully we'll see fewer instances of those now. Either way, please report any other instances you encounter. Thanks!

It happened to me today while trying to create a route at approx 13:48 PST in IE7. The server error happens after I hit "Save Route Changes" followed by OKing "Are you sure you want to make these changes"

Screenshot of route map with addresses blacked out at http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/5325/500errorscreen.jpg

Exactly the same error occured on another machine at home following the same steps in FF 3.5.

I tried creating a route last week sometime and got the same 500 Internal Server Error