Placed versus Published Dates

Biquidou

Hello,

Ref: Placed versus Published Dates!!!

Just one exemple: a cache in France has been hidden on July 07, 2009 but sent for publication on Decembre 13, 2009.

By using the function "List newest in My Country", this cache appears on page 172 of 721 without the mention "NEW"!!!

By using a pocket query settup with “Placed during the last week or the last month” I’m naturally not getting this cache.

By using a pocket query settup with “Placed during the last year” the result is greater than the 500 allowed.

I asked for the French Reviewers: “Could you change the hidden date by the date of your validation?”

I have been answered: “We are not authorized to modify a cache page (except for abuses)!”

My request to Groundspeak is:

1/ Could you please change (or add) into the Pocket Queries, the option “Placed during” by “Published during”?

1/ Could you please change the sorting in “List newest” by using “Published date” instead of “Placed date”?

Thanks for your answer…

Gerard from France

Edited by Biquidou

1/ Could you please change the sorting in “List newest” by using “Published date” instead of “Placed date”?

This would definitely make more sense to me. I have wondered about this in the past. I often place a cache well in advance, to make sure that it actually stays there for awhile.

My request to Groundspeak is:

1/ Could you please change (or add) into the Pocket Queries, the option “Placed during” by “Published during”?

Yes, please.

this may be more difficult to implement then you think.

Events aside, I was thinking that the difficulty in implementation might be whether there's a field in the database that contains this information. Publish logs started in the summer of 2005, prior to that is the data available at all, and if so, is it available in a way that lends itself to the PQ generator?

Placed date is in a field of the cache submit form, and on each cache page. Publish date may or may not be. What if the publish log has been archived? is that data still reachable by the PQ generator? I dunno.....

You are right Isonzo Karst! Thanks for your feedback :)

The first "Published log" appeared in France around end of July 2005 --> GCPX2R <--

In France, caches without “Published date” are roughly 3% (430 out of 15.000)

Thanks also to StarBrand for his Charter Member feedback regarding Events!

Personnaly I’m using my 35 PQ’s to load my GSAK French database.

What do you think about having the both options into the PQ setup: Placed or Published?

Greetings and thanks for your help,

Gerard

PS: This Topic looks like asking for the same think.