Cache Power Runs

mc3cats

I really am enjoying this thread, as it is highly enlightening, and I'd hate to see it shut down because you are unwilling or unable to stay on topic. If you absolutely must hurl your typical snarky insults, could you please take it to PM? Thanx! :laughing:

As near as I can tell, this is your new method to try to get threads that you disagree with shut down. If so, it's pretty childish, in my opinion.

I would LOVE to do a power trail.

But if all that existed were power trails, I wouldn't be a cacher.

I would LOVE to do a tree climb cache.

But if all that existed were tree climbing caches, I wouldn't be a cacher.

I would LOVE to do a 20 mile hike to a cache.

But if all that existed were 20 mile hike caches, i wouldn't be a cacher.

I LOVED my first nano cache.

But if all that existed were nano caches, i wouldn't be a cacher.

I LOVE ammo cans caches.

But if all that existed were ammo can caches, I would get bored and stop being a cacher.

I LOVED my first evil cache find.

But if all that existed were evil hides, i wouldn't be a cacher.

I LOVE guardrail and lamp post skirt caches

But if all that existed were GR and LPC caches, I wouldn't be a cacher.

I hope you all are getting the point.

That's pretty insightful. Good post, bittsen. You get a GOLD STAR for the day. *

I really am enjoying this thread, as it is highly enlightening, and I'd hate to see it shut down because you are unwilling or unable to stay on topic. If you absolutely must hurl your typical snarky insults, could you please take it to PM? Thanx! :laughing:

As near as I can tell, this is your new method to try to get threads that you disagree with shut down. If so, it's pretty childish, in my opinion.

Uh... OK. Personally, I've never seen a thread locked because someone found it enjoyable and insightful, and asked that vitriolic, off topic silliness be taken to PMs, but if you really believe that's the case, I guess I can't dispute you. We are, after all, masters of our own reality. :laughing:

Back on topic: The power trail in the swamps sounds like a hoot! :)

Spotting them from Google Maps and WOM are the only two ways I know of, currently.
And, of course, reading threads like this one on the forums.
Yep, but that sort of falls under WOM.

Word of Mouth, that is.

:laughing:

If you know of a Power Run please make a route and in the keywords put power run.

then all we have to do is search for keyword powr run and the route will come up I already did this for the one near Provo Utah. I think we may make a run down there on Labor day and try for 200 caches in a day!

I have done parts of a few PTs myself...but I always ran out of time or just got bored before finishing.

Maybe if folks would post the GC number of a cache from the power trails they know of? Since they do usuallyhave similar names, that should make it easy to find them. The longest one I know of in Utah has been mentioned, so I will let that one go.

As creator of the PT on Hwy 51, actually called Hang'm High On Hyw. 51, I'm really neither for or against PT's. I've seen some around and have actually done part of one ( maybe 35 caches) before I got bored and quit. Folks do get a kick out of this one.....I've got about 55-60 logs each on 144 caches and they have only been out a few months. What struck me when I got the idea was how unique this one would be :

1. No private property

2. Unlimited parking ( coming from north or south.)

3. No muggles

4. No ( very little) traffic.

5. Plenty of wildlife

6. Ideal for bicycle ( been done a couple times)

Again , I know these are not for everyone but it can be fun, esp. when done as a group.

I just don't think this can be duplicated in very many areas around the country.

What struck me when I got the idea was how unique this one would be :

1. No private property

3. No muggles

5. Plenty of wildlife

Again , I know these are not for everyone but it can be fun, esp. when done as a group.

I just don't think this can be duplicated in very many areas around the country.

I saw someone mention the Bangor, ME PT, and what made it fun was that it was very much like yours.

It's over 100 miles long, and during a summer weekend, you probably see less than 30 cars the whole day. Parking is right there on the road. When you're at a cache, just pull over and stop. Wildlife - Moose, deer, turkeys, eagles, hawks. Plus the views are pretty and vary depending on where you are on the run. The worst part was the dust because it's all 4x4 type back roads.

Yours sounds really fun. If I had a way to get there, I'd enjoy doing it I think.

What struck me when I got the idea was how unique this one would be :

1. No private property

3. No muggles

5. Plenty of wildlife

I saw someone mention the Bangor, ME PT, and what made it fun was that it was very much like yours.

It's over 100 miles long, and during a summer weekend, you probably see less than 30 cars the whole day. Parking is right there on the road. When you're at a cache, just pull over and stop. Wildlife - Moose, deer, turkeys, eagles, hawks. Plus the views are pretty and vary depending on where you are on the run. The worst part was the dust because it's all 4x4 type back roads.

Yours sounds really fun. If I had a way to get there, I'd enjoy doing it I think.

I was in Bangor in 2002 but wasen't caching yet......I went poking around in my 4Runner and know exactly what those roads and landscape look like and it would be a lot of fun caching those backroads. Went to Maine and did some caching last summer but did not go north of Freeport.

I would LOVE to do a power trail.

But if all that existed were power trails, I wouldn't be a cacher.

I would LOVE to do a tree climb cache.

But if all that existed were tree climbing caches, I wouldn't be a cacher.

I would LOVE to do a 20 mile hike to a cache.

But if all that existed were 20 mile hike caches, i wouldn't be a cacher.

I LOVED my first nano cache.

But if all that existed were nano caches, i wouldn't be a cacher.

I LOVE ammo cans caches.

But if all that existed were ammo can caches, I would get bored and stop being a cacher.

I LOVED my first evil cache find.

But if all that existed were evil hides, i wouldn't be a cacher.

I LOVE guardrail and lamp post skirt caches

But if all that existed were GR and LPC caches, I wouldn't be a cacher.

I hope you all are getting the point.

That needs to pinned on the wall someplace.

+1 I LOVE you Bittsen!

As creator of the PT on Hwy 51, actually called Hang'm High On Hyw. 51, I'm really neither for or against PT's. I've seen some around and have actually done part of one ( maybe 35 caches) before I got bored and quit. Folks do get a kick out of this one.....I've got about 55-60 logs each on 144 caches and they have only been out a few months. What struck me when I got the idea was how unique this one would be :

1. No private property

3. No muggles

5. Plenty of wildlife

I went to New Orleans this past spring, and doing this trail was one of the highlights of the trip (though VIEW CARRE, another BAMBOOZLE hide, is probably one of the best caches I've EVER done). Being from New England, caching in the bayou definitely made for some interesting scenery.

We did one yesterday it had 100 caches, we found 96 and we had fun, would we do a power trail everytime we go caching NO. But I am seriously thinking of doing part of the ET run when we go to vegas next month,

let momma gamble :) and see how many I can do in a set time period :laughing:

I look at it this way if you don't like them don't do them, but why bash the people that do?

I don't do puzzle caches or challenges, and I don't bash the ones that like to do them.

Anyway cache the way you want to and above all have fun doing it :laughing::laughing::laughing::cool::cool::cool: