Did you ever find love while geocaching?

journey4truth

Just wondering if there were cachers out there who actually met their husband/boyfriend or wife/girlfriend while on the caching trails. I've love to hear your stories, being hopelessly single with the need to live vicariously through others. :laughing:

NO. Infact I geocache so that I can get away from my wife. It's peaceful in the woods without her!

Just wondering if there were cachers out there who actually met their husband/boyfriend or wife/girlfriend while on the caching trails. I've love to hear your stories, being hopelessly single with the need to live vicariously through others. :surprise:

NO. Infact I geocache so that I can get away from my wife. It's peaceful in the woods without her!

LOL! I hope she doesn't read these forums then. :laughing:

Just wondering if there were cachers out there who actually met their husband/boyfriend or wife/girlfriend while on the caching trails. I've love to hear your stories, being hopelessly single with the need to live vicariously through others. :surprise:

I'm guessing that you've been married for over thirty years. :laughing:

Just wondering if there were cachers out there who actually met their husband/boyfriend or wife/girlfriend while on the caching trails. I've love to hear your stories, being hopelessly single with the need to live vicariously through others. :D

I'm guessing that you've been married for over thirty years. :D

Nope I've only been married 4 years. I think that I'm deaf in my right ear from her nagging. LOL!

Edited by psychobob808

I met Samm99 at the Whidbey Island Cache Machine last January...

As of last August, we're formally a couple (okay... It took a little while, it's a long story : )

She's napping on the sofa next to me and I hope she doesn't see this till I can tell her about it...

I think this one fits the topic!

-Dwight

The girlfriend and I cache with a couple that is getting pretty serious they are looking to get engaged soon. The other day at work we came up with the idea that when he decides to pop the question he should hide the ring in the woods and tell her that there is a new cache really close and that they should get FTF. Allow her to find the ring and wah-lah and very geeky yet very original engagement story.

The girlfriend and I cache with a couple that is getting pretty serious they are looking to get engaged soon. The other day at work we came up with the idea that when he decides to pop the question he should hide the ring in the woods and tell her that there is a new cache really close and that they should get FTF. Allow her to find the ring and wah-lah and very geeky yet very original engagement story.

That sounds awesome!

It's been done a few times that I know of from accounts on this site and the stories of how they went about it.

Hi all,

I'm looking for those geocaching around the Philadelphia, PA area who may have either found love, or used a geocache to hide/find an engagement ring for a story I'm doing in the local paper. If you can help me with this, or similar stories, please let me know or send a message.

Many thanks!

PAcaching

Just wondering if there were cachers out there who actually met their husband/boyfriend or wife/girlfriend while on the caching trails. I've love to hear your stories, being hopelessly single with the need to live vicariously through others. :D

:) I found "love" of another sort, if you count an adult novelty toy!

At this rate a novelty toy will probably be as close as I'll ever get to finding true love.

A few years ago when I was still "hopelessly single" I was apart of a hiking group and I decided to grab some caches in the area prior to the hike (so as not to tip off too many muggles at once). Later, while enjoying a second go around the park with the hiking group, I spotted a suspicious looking character hunched in the woods in close proximity to a cache... but "not quite" in the right area :D

Without hesitating, I broke from the group and snuck up on the fella.

"Hey, you looking for a cache?"

"Uh, yeah. But I'm having a hard time finding it."

"Here, let me give you a hand..."

We exchanged a few words while catching up to rest of the group, and he even showed some interest in joining us for future hikes. I gave him the info where he could sign up, but never saw him again.

Some time later, I showed up a geocaching event near my home and who do I spot but the mystery man from the woods. He had brought along two of his friends, and was busy enough with them that I don't think he even noticed me. BUT... since I knew approximately z-e-r-o other cachers at the event, I snuck up on him once again and asked his little posse if I could join them.

Albeit awkward, I did my best to act natural and have a good time. His friends whispered to each other... and I thought, "Christ! I'm such a dork. What the heck am I doing?" To my surprise they offered me a smile and invited to come to a potluck they were hosting the following weekend.

Score.

Many months passed, and I got to know the mystery man from the woods *and* his friends, and his friend's friends, and so on...

Unfortunately, in the end, it didn't work out. We had a lot in common and enjoyed some adventures together, but it just wasn't right for me.

Although this is not a tale of "found love" via the magic of geocaching... My point is that it is entirely possible.

:D

Edited by cinematopographer

I know that there have been a few love connections made here in Michigan, myself included. I married Pirates of the Woods last June. And life couldn't be any sweeter.

7a129d30-6c67-4cee-b3ce-b9c7974f8924.jpg

I thought I recognized your name! Have you done much caching in the Ann Arbor area?

I met my wife for the first time at this event cache. She saw me and sat next to me. She was by herself. I was with my dad. I barely paid her any attention until she almost spilled her beer on me and, well, that was that.

A few days later I looked her up and sent her an email... It was funny, because I had already made up my mind to do so when my dad suggested I see if "that girl from the pizza place" wanted to go caching. We started talking on AIM and a year and eight months later, we were married. Been married for almost six years now.

She told me some time later that she saw my profile when I posted a note that I would be attending the event and that she looked for me there. That sounds kind of psycho-stalkerish if you ask me though....

Sadly, she no longer logs her finds, but she does still enjoy going out on the hunt.

I got my ex-fiance "into geocaching" a few years ago. Allegedly, he didn't much care for it and went along with it for my sake... things did not work out.

I quit caching for a while, taking time to do other things (as if!) and then I start dating this guy... and after a few months of the nagging feeling that geocaching would be exactly what he would love doing, I showed it to him. I created a new account, he made his first and blam! It's become something of a new obsession of his! He geeks out about it all the time and this time HE'S the one to suggest we get up at 7 to go caching and make our first hide before work :anibad:

Love? I think so.