Geo mutts available as caching companions ( Warwickshire)

Hi Guys,

I recently read a very funny log where a local cacher said he would have felt much less conspicious when he was cache hunting if he had had a dog to walk.

Well, my two fantastic Chochlate Labradors would happily go caching during the week.

My partner and I both work fulltime.Our Nanny and the super cool teenagers throw leftover foods to the dogs and use them as footwarmers when watching TV but sadly don't do dogwalks.

The dogs come back when called and will respond well to firm handling(initially pull at the lead when excited)

They are totally good natured overgrown 3 year old puppies.

They do not get car sick and dont winge when travelling.

I have trained them to remember coordinates of caches found with a greater accuracy then my i -phone.Thus, any caches you find with them they will then lead me to ! :P

Looking forward to hearing from trustworthy dog-less cachers.

P.S . as yet they do not have their own geocaching.com accounts, that could be easily fixed.

My canine companions aren't geomutts; no amount of training, bribery, coercion, corruption, blackmail, threats, intimidation or similar has been successful in persuading them to help me in my endeavours to find metal or plastic containers hidden in woods, under stones, in ivy or anywhere else. :(

However, they have certainly proved their worth as decoy dogs. Neither of them chases balls for fun - they don't even have a ball between them (inc the boy's mutts nuts) so why am I often to be found scrabbling around in the undergrowth shouting "No, I can't see your ball here". :D

So Decoy Dogs rather than Geo Dogs they remain. But I love them really. :)

wow well train obedient dogs, could you train mine to be like yours ?:D

Yes, are you offering a reverse option where you take Disreputable Dogs out caching and return them as well trained Geo Dogs?

Actually, mine is a fully trained cocker Spaniel with a keen nose for plastic. Pull his ears to programme in the coordinates and he's snapping and snarling at your hands off and hunting.

Edited by HouseOfDragons

wow well train obedient dogs, could you train mine to be like yours ?:mad:

Yes, are you offering a reverse option where you take Disreputable Dogs out caching and return them as well trained Geo Dogs?

Actually, mine is a fully trained cocker Spaniel with a keen nose for plastic. Pull his ears to programme in the coordinates and he's snapping and snarling at your hands off and hunting.

does it have a logging facility? :D

sorry, couldn't resist!

wow well train obedient dogs, could you train mine to be like yours ?:mad:

does it have a logging facility? :D

sorry, couldn't resist!

Naturally.

Very naturally. :mad:

wow well train obedient dogs, could you train mine to be like yours ?:D

I had a pair of Working Cockers, pointed in the right direction they did a pretty good job. The real party peice was in heavy Gorse, Nettles or other such Prickles Point out the Box they could get it out. I just could never train them to put it back!

Sadly a divorce cost me my working dogs, you can got to court to get access to your daughter :unsure: . Your dogs, :rolleyes: its just far to complicated :ph34r: . I guess I will just have to wait till I can afford a house and start again :o

In the mean time if any one has some Geo-Dogs in the New forest ish area that need some more caches :D ....