Salt Lake City, Utah - Gravity Hill?

StephenTravels

Good evening fellow cachers! So a friend and I may be taking a mini-detour to SLC on our road trip to Denver in a few weeks and I was wondering if any locals know anything about the gravity hill near the capitol? Apparently, (on this hill) when you put your car in neutral it will appear to roll uphill due to an optical illusion from the surrounding scenery. If anyone knows the exact location of this place (coordinates would be great), I would greatly appreciate it if you could post them here. I've googled it, but the location descriptions are kind of vague only indicating that it is somewhere near the capitol. I know it kind of sounds like a silly request, but it's something I heard about when I was a kid and always thought it sounded like an interesting place to visit.

And of course, any suggestions for good nearby caches would be appreciated as well :P Cheers!

Edited by tsunami_KNUW

Roadside America describes this location not far from the State Capitol:

North edge of the city. North Temple to State Street, turn on to 2nd. Ave, go up the hill to B St., turn left, go up the hill to 11th Ave., go straight to Bonneville Blvd. You come to a point where another road leaves the main road and veers uphill to the left. Stay on the main road another 100 feet, stop, put it in neutral, and you'll coast back uphill.

If I'm following the directions correctly, it appears that this cache is closest to where the phenomenon presumably happens:

A Cache in the Creek

Darn! It looks like you just missed an Event nearby too:

Sunday Morning Hiking Series # 7 - City Creek

I bet some of the locals could have filled you in on the details :)

Oddly enough, no Waymarks are posted near the area :P

Have fun!