Garmin Oregon

Capital J

I'm having a bit of a problem. I've had tracks ON and then transferred them to MapSource etc. I've stored them as GPX files. Then I've tried to Delete them from the Oregon ... but to little or no avail.

I have a collection of 'Tracks' which appear on my Garmin Oregon 300 and they do not respond. I can't 'view' them or 'Delete' them.

Anyone know where they are stored????

One would think they could just be identified and deleted if desired or necessary. I can't find them in the Oregon directories.

Any help would be appreciated.

John

Thank you both for your replies.

My mysterious Tracks were, in fact, stored in the Garmin/GPX directory. Referring to the Wikispaces information, it turns out my problem came from importing tracks from Mapsource. The fact they cannot be deleted in the usual fashion is reported as a BUG in the system.

Before deleting this file I sent it back to Mapsource and all I saw was the Current Track. After deleting the file on the Oregon, all Track references disappeared. Although not accessible, apparently the unwanted track names remained buried, somehow, in this file.

Your assistance is much appreciated. My machine is once again clean!!!!

Cheers,

John