'Geopatch' question

mapper66

Just started caching a little over a month ago and just picked up one of the trackable Geopatches. I'm really just looking to use the patch number as another way to track my finds, keep up with mileage, view my travels on the map, etc. I'd like to log it into the caches I have found already (25 or so) and had a couple of questions.

I think I understand :antenna: that this process is called 'dipping'. What is the best way to do this without cluttering up peoples logs, especially since I need to backlog some? Do I log a visit as a 'Write Note' and select my patch at the bottom of the page? Do I then have to retrieve it somehow? How about deleting the log, is that the correct way to handle it?

Sorry for the newb questions, just trying to figure out the correct etiquette for getting this done!

Post a Note on the caches you Found using the date you found it. Just provide a short explanation that you are back-logging a personal bug and that you will Delete the Note.

Select the bug and drop. You will immediately be given the option to delete the Note. Deleting it won't affect the bug tracking.

Access the bug page and Retrieve the bug. Continue on to the next cache until you realize this is a lot of work and wonder what the heck did you get yourself into.

Just started caching a little over a month ago and just picked up one of the trackable Geopatches. I'm really just looking to use the patch number as another way to track my finds, keep up with mileage, view my travels on the map, etc. I'd like to log it into the caches I have found already (25 or so) and had a couple of questions.

I think I understand :P that this process is called 'dipping'. What is the best way to do this without cluttering up peoples logs, especially since I need to backlog some? Do I log a visit as a 'Write Note' and select my patch at the bottom of the page? Do I then have to retrieve it somehow? How about deleting the log, is that the correct way to handle it?

Sorry for the newb questions, just trying to figure out the correct etiquette for getting this done!

That's the best way to do it if you use the patch that way. I personally don't care if people delete the logs or not, but some Cache Owners do care, and some will even do it for you as the clean up their pages.

Post a Note on the caches you Found using the date you found it. Just provide a short explanation that you are back-logging a personal bug and that you will Delete the Note.

Select the bug and drop. You will immediately be given the option to delete the Note. Deleting it won't affect the bug tracking.

Access the bug page and Retrieve the bug. Continue on to the next cache until you realize this is a lot of work and wonder what the heck did you get yourself into.

If you choose to use tha patch that way, it's a good thing you're starting before you have hundreds of Caches to backlog. I'd do it in order of your finds, just to avoid any complications of getting things out of order. keep in mind that on your list of finds, they are not in tha exact order you found them. They are seperated by date, and within eash date they are listed from first to last logged