"Approved by.....?

Konnarock Kid & Marge

I know this question is really gonna sound dumb, but with the new system and the additional approver/reviewers, may we still use the GSA icon and say "Approved by the Geological Society of America"?

How many of you folks post this or something similar on your EarthCache pages?

Please, this close to Christmas, don't throw 'coal' at me!

See, to you real geologists out there, I know that coal is a rock. Heck, I grew up burning the stuff in our furnace! I take that back because maybe, that's why the earth is getting warmer.....if it is? OK, in those days, I was a delinquent! The coal also made good snowman eyes and mouths! No CO2 involved there. lol. :antenna:

P.S. By the way, we still say it and I want to repeat it here, to all of our fellow EarthCachers, "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!"

Edited by Konnarock Kid & Marge

I know this question is really gonna sound dumb, but with the new system and the additional approver/reviewers, may we still use the GSA icon and say "Approved by the Geological Society of America"?

How many of you folks post this or something similar on your EarthCache pages?

Please, this close to Christmas, don't throw 'coal' at me!

See, to you real geologists out there, I know that coal is a rock. Heck, I grew up burning the stuff in our furnace! I take that back because maybe, that's why the earth is getting warmer.....if it is? OK, in those days, I was a delinquent! The coal also made good snowman eyes and mouths! No CO2 involved there. lol. :D

P.S. By the way, we still say it and I want to repeat it here, to all of our fellow EarthCachers, "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!"

I don't...but if I had a similar statement I would use...

"Reviewed by the Geological Society of America"...

Caches are no longer approved...they are reviewed and published...I know, I know...semantics...but it is what it is...

The Powers that be feel that "Approved" implies some sort of endorsement and they have made it very clear that they do not approve caches...they are mearly a listing service...