Oregon 3.41 update screen jitters at GZ?

tractordude

Has anyone else had their Oregon (mine is a 400t) screen jitter, where the image will not stay constant on GZ, when you reach the location on GZ itself? I had this happen a number of times yesterday when going after a series of caches. It didn't do it at all of them, but did at most. I was zoomed in on the cache and when I arrived the screen zoomed out a bit and would jump to show me at a previous location a short distance away from GZ, and would not stabilize no matter what I did. Even after leaving the screen and going back through "Find Geocache" it still jittered and jumped around. Very odd! :)

Not yet but I've also only done about 3 cache finds with it since the upgrade. I'll be sure to post more if I can get it to do the same.

Has anyone else had their Oregon (mine is a 400t) screen jitter, where the image will not stay constant on GZ, when you reach the location on GZ itself? I had this happen a number of times yesterday when going after a series of caches. It didn't do it at all of them, but did at most. I was zoomed in on the cache and when I arrived the screen zoomed out a bit and would jump to show me at a previous location a short distance away from GZ, and would not stabilize no matter what I did. Even after leaving the screen and going back through "Find Geocache" it still jittered and jumped around. Very odd! :)

Yup, same "quivering", "wiggling", "jumping" behavior on my 400t with the beta 3.41. Drove me nuts!! Although I like the new dashboards, and dual elevation profile add-ons, I went back to the stable final Version 3.40 until Garmin gets it sorted out. The behavior should be reported to Garmin....anyone have the "Beta e-mail address"?

Bill

400t + 3.4.1b - I get the location bouncing between two points!

It's a little bit like it's locking to road, and then jumping to the correct location.

Haven't reported it to the Garmin beta team - yet!

Has anyone? :laughing:

I'm looking for the email address :?

Yup, I am getting it too on an Oregon 200 when I am zoomed in all the way and have some buildings and/or trees nearby.

I have this error and it is made particularly annoying because most of the time I travel by train, but it hooks up to the nearest road.

Check to make sure you don't have your "Routing" set up to "Lock on Road".

Bill

Lock on Road was not on, error only started in 3.41, downloaded 3.42 and will try tomorrow, thanks for the suggestion.