Announcing - Lotus Compass

Jackalgirl

Hi, GG --

I totally understand! I have a kind of love/hate relationship with eBay too. But since I'm doing this as a fundraiser, I wanted to make sure I could do the best that I can. I know that this makes it hard for some people. : (

But there's yet another version coming, the Bast LE, which is going to be at GCF this year. I sneak-previewed it earlier in the thread, but here's the full on front-and-back for anyone who's interested:

Bast_Full.jpg

Bast

I've also got another edition (possibly two) up my sleeves for proposal to the kind folks at the Geocoin Store, which I hope will end up being REs so as to maximize folk's ability to get one. Keep an eye on the thread!

Hi, GG --

I totally understand! I have a kind of love/hate relationship with eBay too. But since I'm doing this as a fundraiser, I wanted to make sure I could do the best that I can. I know that this makes it hard for some people. : (

But there's yet another version coming, the Bast LE, which is going to be at GCF this year. I sneak-previewed it earlier in the thread, but here's the full on front-and-back for anyone who's interested:

Bast_Full.jpg

Bast

I've also got another edition (possibly two) up my sleeves for proposal to the kind folks at the Geocoin Store, which I hope will end up being REs so as to maximize folk's ability to get one. Keep an eye on the thread!

I guess I'll throw this out there. This Geocoinfest LE should be quite stunning. I've only see the mint sample photos, so I'm looking forward to actually getting to GCF to see them in person. They look a smidge like the AE that Kat is selling now on Ebay, but I wager side by side they'll be quite different. Besides, the LE looks back at you :)

TMA

Next five Anubis AEs are up:

Anubis #13

Anubis #14

Anubis #15

Anubis #16

Anubis #17

aren't these links supposed to be for new auctions? these links go to finished auctions.

rsg

They're actually 24-hour sales -- I couldn't get eBay to let me list them for fewer than 24 hours. But yes, those have already finished.

But I do have a relist: Anubis #12 is back on the market (bought in error).

Thanks, everyone!

I've changed the schedule a little and listed the second-to-last batch of coins early. This way, they should be ending at a better time for US customers (at about 5pm for folks on the East Coast). I'll list the last set of four tonight at approximately 7-8pm (which translates to a roughly 6-7 am end time for East Coast folks).

Anubis #28

Anubis #29

Anubis #30

Anubis #31

Anubis #32

Happy bidding, and thanks once again!

Howdy, everyone --

Okay, here are the listings for the last four Anubis AEs. After this, there are no more!

Anubis #33

Anubis #34

Anubis #35

Anubis #36 - The Final Coin

Good luck to all bidders!

<_< I love a good show!

Edit

And it did not disappoint.

Great stuff Jackalgirl, good prices for all of them! your church should be very pleased. :P

Edited by AlliedOz

Indeed! Thank you all so very much! I am happy as a clam (and up to my eyebrows in packing tape). Congrats to all those who got a coin, and THANK YOU! I really hope you enjoy your coins!

Here's a list, btw, of the coins that were signed & numbered:

3 through 5,

14 through 17,

27 through 32

(and, of course, 1 & 2, but hopefully you will never see those for sale/trade)

Here's a list, btw, of the coins that were signed & numbered:

<snip>

I have posted a list of the signed & numbered AEs, for the interest of collectors. Coins #8 and #34 have been added to the list, and I just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be at GCF 2010 with my Micro-Mark mini-engraver in hand. So if you happen to find me and have a coin that you'd like me to sign (and/or number, if the coin is a limited edition and you or I happen to know the number minted), I'd be happy to do so. I'll try to bring some Future to the event to seal the coin afterward, but if I don't have it on me, I'll let you know what to do (the process is ridiculously easy and requires so little Future that I really do want to try to go out shopping for some, so that we don't have bunches of people each buying a huge bottle of Future to seal one or two engravings).

I'll be at the Cache Addict booth most of the time, I imagine, though you might catch me over at Direct Mint/Geocoin Store hanging out with Pete or possibly stalking Vanelle, Anne.and.eli, or various other designers in the attempt to get some gorgeous coins. : )

Howdy!

Boy, I totally can't wait for the weekend. I am seriously looking forward to meeting everyone and trying not to buy myself into deep debt.

I'm please to present to you an overview of GCF 2010 stuff I'm bringing, including some more detailed images of the special GCF 2010 Limited "Bast" Edition coin. The mint photos really can't do justice to the amount of detail the "enamel wash" technique brings out in this coin, so I'm hoping some zoomed-in shots will help. There's also some other stuff in there about other possible Lotus Compass editions that might be of interest to those who've enjoyed this particular design.

I've got some ideas for more Egyptian-themed coins, so this isn't the last you've heard from me on this front!

Howdy, everyone --

This is the other design that's been keeping me up the past few nights*:

Lotus Compass --or "the Aten gets the FTF

Lotus_Forum-Front.gif

Front

Lotus_Forum-Back.gif

Back

It's a completely 2D coin that'll feature mostly translucent enamels, with four total metal levels (raised, semi-raised, recessed, deeply recessed). The hieroglyphs are translated using the standard transliteration, into English, and into a guess as to how they'd be pronounced (based on Coptic, mostly). Oh, and south is on the top because that's the location of Upper Egypt (and, in fact, the word for "south" means "up").

There will likely be a couple of alternate versions depending on what the mint says when they review the art (and, for that reason, please be advised that this may change a little).

*I am happy to say, this is happening more often. Tho I really do need to study for the Chief's Exam!

Nice! How will they be available?

I found one today in a cache. absolutely GORGEOUS coin!

FWIW, there are more people in our webstore now then there have ever been in any sale in our history ;)

Hope you're all having fun :D

TMA

A GCF, I looked at this coin, and asked Rusty how ya'll did that part in the middle. Rusty explained to me that Pete spent hours with a sharpie doing each and every coin! LOL

Great job Pete!

(Rusty was only kidding. No sharpies were harmed in the making of this coin)