Announcing - Lotus Compass

Jackalgirl

I'm going to throw something in here. This is frankly an embarassing situation for us, and I'm glad that Kat is handling it well. We had no reason to believe her version was in any way different than sampled, and just fired them over to her. They were in a huge box of items we were sending her, and no one looked.

On a more logical note, we make thousands of coins per week, and this is the first time I've ever seen 0% match to a blueprint :yikes: I'm actually floored to see how poor someone can make a geocoin when they try :D So yes, Kat will get proper replacements for her AE coins. Because that's just unacceptable business to not.

TMA

And thank you also, Pete, for your very classy permission to sell the coins. I would have totally been cooperative if you said "yeah, please don't sell them, 'cause we're giving you to them on the basis of the mint's screwup [not our screwup]" or "pay us for the codes and we're even". No, Pete said "they're yours" and "go ahead". You are AWESOME, even awesomer than your avatar would lead one to believe. : )

I was at work in a very busy area with the normal Wednesday night patrons filling the room, I then had an urge to check my e-mails on my phone, something I never bother to do.

I saw Kats e-mail and hit the link without even thinking... It was then a couple of nerve wracking minutes trying to remember passwords, fending off customers heading my way and wondering if my paypal account had enough funds. I do not know what made me check, but the timing was perfect and I was one of the lucky ones. :):wub:

Thanks Kat, BTW was I close with my 3 Minute sell out call ? :P

Now Mrs Jackalgirl the offer below is still there if you do not have the other versions, I currently have your Australian 9-9-9 and a Satin Gold around Satin Silver/Nickel Tengwar sitting here with some other stuff for summer that I have been an a** and not sent yet, but now just waiting for your Lotus choice B) and maybe an address confirmation as it has been so long.

Woot! Got my set! :P

You've got a unique set -- one that even I won't ever have. : )

-- Kat

I owe you so much Kat, so if that's true you have (will have once I get my order) any one of my extras... name your preference.

Along with the 9-9-9 Australia I owe and the stuff we bought for Summer that she has probably grown out of but we will send any way.. for your next child :)

Bloody life got in the way of the important things like Geocaching, coins and paying back those who have been so nice to us. :P sorry!

edit for speeling :D

In today's entertainment, I went to the post office today and posted all of the "Meh" orders. I say "entertainment" in the Chinese-curse sense of the world; I'm sure the postal clerks were thinking "what is that gaijin doing with that big box of -- oh, my goodness!" But they were very patient and, in fact, the process is pretty painless (except for the people behind me in the queue). So, those of you who managed to score a "Meh", it's on its way to you now!

From Japan, though it's close enough, neh? ; ) I didn't actually use stamps; the post office clerk printed out the postage on a sticker, so unfortunately it's not as pretty as some of the stamps are (some of the stamps are unbelievably beautiful, which is why, I think, people might be like to collect them. And I admit that when I got a couple lenticular stamps on a package of coins I bought, I kept 'em. Just too cool.)

Got me "Meh" today! I have to say I really like the front side. It's really very nice. The back is fairly cool as well except you cannot see the lotus in the recessed layers. At least not in indoor lighting conditions. I will take it outside in bright sunlight to see if there is any difference.... I think I'll keep it tho. :anibad:

Edit to add: Ok, can barely make out the top layer of the recessed design in bright sunlight.

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

I got mine today as well (#10 of 36). What a difference compared to the other four I have now. No collors on the front and just some dark brown on the back. There were also two small damages on the outer ring.

It looks like they made a mistake, were pressed for time and decided to send them anyway.

This one is realy just for collection sake.

I'm happy I got some other coins as well: the 2010 Lackey, 2 new Large Tengwars, the Orange Butterfly 2010 AND :anibad: the copper/silver Chelmo's NZ Silver Fern and a Geocache America Silver coin.

Don't get me wrong. Allthough the Lotus Compass wasn't the way it was intended to be, I'm still very happy to have it. And I will make sure I get an Anubis as well :rolleyes:

I got mine on Monday (sorry I haven't had time to let you know)!! Now I just need the AE and I'll have the whole set. :rolleyes:

I feel like this is the Cinderella coin of the Lotus Coin family. The rest are all sparkly and pretty, and this one looks like it's been washing the floors for a long time. Unlike Cinderella, the rest of the family is quite nice, though.

Um. Note to self: new rule. No posting when highly sleep deprived. :anibad:

This is an update from my post before about the imperfection in the coin I got:

I shipped back the imperfect coin, after talking to the manufacturer via email. Today I went to get the mail and spotted a puffy envelope with my name on it. Excitedly, I opened it to find not one but TWO Aten coins, both in perfect condition. That is honestly above and beyond what I expected, thank you so much! It's refreshing to see a company so committed to excellent service and quality control, thank you! :)

So. As a constant source of pressure...

When can we expect to see new colors of this coin? :lol:

I'm imagining black nickel here!

:(:lol:

(So I'm jesting, in that I don't want you to feel pressured. But I'm so NOT jesting in that I want more versions of this coin. I'm like a Lotus Compass zombie. COINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS)

Well, since everyone is hacking away at new color choices, I'll drop this little tidbit out there. I've already ordered an LE version for Geocoinfest. It's called Bast, and it will even have an "enhancement" feature that I'm sure you be excited to "see". I'm not sure I'm going to post any artwork yet :wub: , but we'll see how the process goes :)

TMA

Well, since everyone is hacking away at new color choices, I'll drop this little tidbit out there. I've already ordered an LE version for Geocoinfest. It's called Bast, and it will even have an "enhancement" feature that I'm sure you be excited to "see". I'm not sure I'm going to post any artwork yet :wub: , but we'll see how the process goes :)

NTMA

Ohhhhh bast is my favorite Egyptian god(esse)s! Can't wait to see what you have in store. :)

Edited by anne.and.eli

This is an update from my post before about the imperfection in the coin I got:

I shipped back the imperfect coin, after talking to the manufacturer via email. Today I went to get the mail and spotted a puffy envelope with my name on it. Excitedly, I opened it to find not one but TWO Aten coins, both in perfect condition. That is honestly above and beyond what I expected, thank you so much! It's refreshing to see a company so committed to excellent service and quality control, thank you! :huh:

I got my single Aten coin today. I think it might be from the new batch because the colors are a bit more translucent than I remember and I can see the under detail a bit better, and the green is a bit deeper.

Note I said single. I was never expecting two coins, and I am not asking for a second coin to be sent, but I am just cautioning the manufacturer that setting a precedent as such, and then not doing the same with everyone can be bad if people come to expect that.

So, DON'T send me another coin. The replacement is really all that I wanted, and I received it, and am very happy with the coin.

Now, if you'd like to send me one of those LE for Geocoinfest.... :laughing:

Howdy!

Sorry about being absent for a while; it's been pretty busy at home. The AEs are IN and they are GORGEOUS. I've got to prep them for sale and will probably run the sale later this week. I will send a newsletter update and post here letting you know when I plan to have them up on eBay and what the overall gameplan is for them.

I also have photos of the Bast and will see what I can do to get a teaser photo (heh heh heh) up later tonight. Pastor B, I got your email, and I'm so sorry for being such a slug about replying. I'll do my best to get you an answer this week (tonight, if I can keep my eyes open).

I'd have loved to have gotten this post up sooner, but I've been battling some pretty tremendous back pain -- I've come to the conclusion that modern medicine is some wonderful stuff, and am particularly grateful to the person or persons who invented Vicodin. But now it's time to get this plan rolled out!

I have thirty-four AEs to sell, and will put them up in lots of five (obviously, the last one will be a lot of four) in numerical order starting tomorrow, Sunday the 5th, at 2359 (11:59 PM) JST, which is GMT+9 or, if the US East Coast hasn't Sprung Forward yet, 10:59 AM on Sunday on the US East Coast. I'll run each sale for eight hours apiece. Here's the schedule for all seven sales:

AEs 3-7: Sunday, September 5, 2359 GMT+9

AEs 8-12: Monday, September 6, 0759 GMT+9

AEs 13-17: Monday, September 6, 1559 GMT+9

AEs 18-22: Tuesday, September 7, 1800 GMT+9*

AEs 23-27: Wednesday, September 8, 1800 GMT+9*

AEs 28-32: Thursday, September 9, 1800 GMT+9*

AEs 33-36: Friday, September 10, 1800 GMT+9*

*As I am working these days, the times may be subject to change depending on the workload. In an effort to reduce email spam for you, I will post notification when the sales are up in the Geocoin Forums -- I'll only sent another newsletter if a problem arises and I won't have the sales up when I indicated, above.

Each coin will come with a card indicating its number in the edition, and I will happily engrave that number, as well as sign, coins for those who win the auctions -- just let me know after you've won and I'll hand engrave & seal your coin for you.

I'll also be happy to hand-carry anyone's coin to GCF since I'll be there. : )

Edited by Jackalgirl