Announcing - Lotus Compass

Jackalgirl

As repeatedly threatened, I've put one of the sample AEs up for sale on eBay for the benefit of my command's morale & welfare committee. I won't post the link here because, of course, it's a nontrackable sample geocoin. If you're interested and can't find it, feel free to shoot me an email through my profile or check out the Grafikato website (I'm about to post a News item about it, and the link to the sale will be there).

Are these really expected to sell out so fast, that if you don't sit and click refresh all week, you will miss it? I ask this because I think it's a beautiful coin, and have always been attracted to ancient Egyptian style artwork, so would like to get one. But not being an obsessed collector, I'm not about to sit and hit refresh all day/week. What are my chances?

Awesome design, Jackalgirl!

Telecacher, that is also my concern. I am willing to watch the site like a hawk on my time, but not on my employer's--& I gotta work, to support my habit, LOL! I'm wondering if those in charge would be willing to put a reasonable limit on the number any single buyer could purchase, say, for 24 hours?

Do we have a new estimated sale date?? :(

Wouldn't that be a good question? It's looking like the coins will show up Friday afternoon to our shipping center, and the sale will be after that. When, I dunno. Maybe Sat., maybe Sun. But I'll figure it out. Gotta get photos taken, listings built, etc.

TMA

Wouldn't that be a good question? It's looking like the coins will show up Friday afternoon to our shipping center, and the sale will be after that. When, I dunno. Maybe Sat., maybe Sun. But I'll figure it out. Gotta get photos taken, listings built, etc.

TMA

:(

I'll be at our mega all day Saturday and then hit the road for vacation on Sunday. Guess I'll miss these ones. Hope the sales go well for you Kat! I'm sure they will.

TMA

:(

I'll be at our mega all day Saturday and then hit the road for vacation on Sunday. Guess I'll miss these ones. Hope the sales go well for you Kat! I'm sure they will.

Check your email. : )

Good news, and bad news :P

Which one first? Ok, bad news. Osiris had plating issues and didn't make the pilgrimage :wacko:

Good news? His friends Aten, Set, and Nepthys did. :D

They're resting gently at our shipping facility because well, the proprietor is on vacation, geocaching, of all things :signalviolin:

So sale time you say? Dunno. Depends on what time the old proprietor gets home and snaps me photos. :( Tonight, tomorrow, etc. But, I can safely say that 3 of the 4 versions are here.

TMA

When my alarm went off at 3:15 this morning, I was not looking forward to getting out of bed (facing a 9 or so hour drive to NC). But my phone was flashing email alerts, so I started to scroll through them, and there was the message I've been waiting for! Made getting up bright and early seem all the more worth while. This coin looks so awesome, I can't wait to see it in person!

Woot! Got my set! :P

You've got a unique set -- one that even I won't ever have. : )

-- Kat

I owe you so much Kat, so if that's true you have (will have once I get my order) any one of my extras... name your preference.

Along with the 9-9-9 Australia I owe and the stuff we bought for Summer that she has probably grown out of but we will send any way.. for your next child :signalviolin:

Bloody life got in the way of the important things like Geocaching, coins and paying back those who have been so nice to us. :( sorry!

edit for speeling :wacko:

Edited by AlliedOz

I got the first of my set tonight, and I can just say the coin is AMAZING!!!

It's a lot thicker than I was expecting (what, read the dimensions? Why would I do that?) and the wash on the back (I think that's what it is?) is such a cool effect.

Great job, jackal!!

Huzzah! I'm glad to hear it got there safely! : ) And I'm really glad you like it. Enjoy -- it's the only one like that!

I got the first of my set tonight, and I can just say the coin is AMAZING!!!

It's a lot thicker than I was expecting (what, read the dimensions? Why would I do that?) and the wash on the back (I think that's what it is?) is such a cool effect.

Great job, jackal!!

Huzzah! I'm glad to hear it got there safely! : ) And I'm really glad you like it. Enjoy -- it's the only one like that!

Picture, please? :laughing:

CF30

Howdy!

Pete just gave me some pretty good gouge, of interest to those of you who collect limited coins (and those of you who just want to buy coins): GCS doesn't limit their popular coins, so they'll be making more Atens to put in the store. So: "sold out" is not necessarily "gone forever!"

CF30 -- here you go:

Lotus_Compass_Sample(Error-WipeEpoxy).jpg

This is the non-trackable sample coin I mentioned here as selling on eBay to support my command's "Social Committee" (basically, our event fund).

Goosefraba1 - the AEs are actually going to be sold on eBay as a fundraiser for my church. I'll be posting more here about it once I have them and am ready to start the sales.

GCS gets their orders in on Fridays, so with any luck, we should get word from Pete very late tonight/tomorrow morning* that they're in and ready to go. I'll shoot out a newsletter and post here, of course.

*Your time may vary. I'm in Japan, so "Friday" for me is actually "Thursday Night" for most people in the States