Jackalgirl

Howdy, everyone --

This is the other design that's been keeping me up the past few nights*:

Lotus Compass --or "the Aten gets the FTF

Lotus_Forum-Front.gif

Front

Lotus_Forum-Back.gif

Back

It's a completely 2D coin that'll feature mostly translucent enamels, with four total metal levels (raised, semi-raised, recessed, deeply recessed). The hieroglyphs are translated using the standard transliteration, into English, and into a guess as to how they'd be pronounced (based on Coptic, mostly). Oh, and south is on the top because that's the location of Upper Egypt (and, in fact, the word for "south" means "up").

There will likely be a couple of alternate versions depending on what the mint says when they review the art (and, for that reason, please be advised that this may change a little).

*I am happy to say, this is happening more often. Tho I really do need to study for the Chief's Exam!

Nice! I like it very much! :antenna:

...But maybe I'm blind ... I don't see any hieroglyphs ... :antenna: Egyptian words, yes; hieroglyphs, no... :antenna:

CF30

Hey my dear friend!!! You do not see them???? See the back side of the coin Where you can read the North, South....

Go to the flower dasign! See the leaves like a compass..... then check the green part showing North, south, east ,west.... do you see them now?? :antenna:

Hey my dear friend!!! You do not see them???? See the back side of the coin Where you can read the North, South....

Go to the flower dasign! See the leaves like a compass..... then check the green part showing North, south, east ,west.... do you see them now?? :antenna:

Yep, blind... :antenna:Under the enamels, of course!! :antenna: Thanks, Gatoulis!!

CF30

Howdy, everyone --

This is the other design that's been keeping me up the past few nights*:

Lotus Compass --or "the Aten gets the FTF

Lotus_Forum-Front.gif

Front

Lotus_Forum-Back.gif

Back

It's a completely 2D coin that'll feature mostly translucent enamels, with four total metal levels (raised, semi-raised, recessed, deeply recessed). The hieroglyphs are translated using the standard transliteration, into English, and into a guess as to how they'd be pronounced (based on Coptic, mostly). Oh, and south is on the top because that's the location of Upper Egypt (and, in fact, the word for "south" means "up").

There will likely be a couple of alternate versions depending on what the mint says when they review the art (and, for that reason, please be advised that this may change a little).

*I am happy to say, this is happening more often. Tho I really do need to study for the Chief's Exam!

Nice! How will they be available?

Hi, everyone --

Thanks for the great response! I was really happy with how this turned out, so I'm pleased to see the positive reaction. : ) Wheee!

(I got some sleep, see?)

Gatoulis, that is an ammo can, and the Bug has been released. : )

This one is being produced by the good folks at GCC and there will be several versions: in addition to the Aten (above), I've genned up the Set (reds and yellows), the Osiris (earth tones), and the Anubis versions (black and gold and green). I'm also working on a Nepthys version, which will be silver with pinks, purples, and some black. The Anubis version will be my AE, and possibly also the Nepthys version as an XLE or something -- Pete & I are still talking. The RE versions will, if I'm not mistaken, be available in the Geocoin Club regular store, like the Moebius coins are.

The mint art is actually almost done, and as soon as we're good for production, I'll post it.

Hi, everyone --

Thanks for the great response! I was really happy with how this turned out, so I'm pleased to see the positive reaction. : ) Wheee!

(I got some sleep, see?)

This one is being produced by the good folks at GCC and there will be several versions: in addition to the Aten (above), I've genned up the Set (reds and yellows), the Osiris (earth tones), and the Anubis versions (black and gold and green). I'm also working on a Nepthys version, which will be silver with pinks, purples, and some black. The Anubis version will be my AE, and possibly also the Nepthys version as an XLE or something -- Pete & I are still talking. The RE versions will, if I'm not mistaken, be available in the Geocoin Club regular store, like the Moebius coins are.

The mint art is actually almost done, and as soon as we're good for production, I'll post it.

:) I know that it was an ammo box! B) I was just kiding with the sub (that has a sonar.... :) ).... :):)

:) I know that it was an ammo box! :) I was just kiding with the sub (that has a sonar.... :) ).... :):)

BUMMER! I was just getting into the bug escaping from a sub going into hiding story. I was kind of waiting for the "The coins will be in the hidden sub" line. B) Can't wait to see pics of the actual coins.

WOW!!! they are all so pretty!!!! I loved the purple one Nepthys (WOW!!!) and the Anubis.. and .... Oh boy! I like them all!!! :angry:

But... both the AE are extremelly pretty!!!!

Anne.... you are a tiger??? :lol: Hmm... I have to search what I am (except from Gatoulis)! :lol: ..... I think I am a wood rabbit! (born in 1975) :o