NEW COIN! Best Friends - celebrate your friends and family!

sunsetmeadowlark

Just in time for Christmas stocking stuffers, a brand new coin celebrating friends and family!

Best Friends

1.75" diameter

Trackable on gc.com

Custom icon - icon will be added soon, watch this thread for a chance to design the icon and win a trade only version of this coin!

img_1260255074_14926_1260296786_mod_265_265.jpgimg_1260255074_14940_1260346302_mod_266_265.jpg

Additional colors and full ordering details at SUNSET GEOCOINS

Edited by sunsetmeadowlark

So cool!!! I have ordered the 3 coin set LE Two-tone Black Nickel/Nickel Best Friends Geocoin :) What do you think, how long will shipping from the USA to Germany take?

Thanks! Once it's in the hands of the PO I don't know how long it'll take (especially this time of year!) but I can promise I'm going to do my darnedest to get all paid orders packed and processed tonight so I can hand them to the mail carrier tomorrow. :lol:

So cool!!! I have ordered the 3 coin set LE Two-tone Black Nickel/Nickel Best Friends Geocoin :) What do you think, how long will shipping from the USA to Germany take?

Thanks! Once it's in the hands of the PO I don't know how long it'll take (especially this time of year!) but I can promise I'm going to do my darnedest to get all paid orders packed and processed tonight so I can hand them to the mail carrier tomorrow. :)

Thank you so much! That is the kind of coin I have been searching for so long!!! :lol::lol:

Edited by sterni2009

awesome geocoin! you should name each edition to give them character, such as:

~ copper/green "walking in the grass"

~ gold/purple "walking on thin ice"

~ black nickel/white "walking in the snow"

~ black nickel/nickel "walking on the path"

~ gold/red "walking through fallen leaves"??!!

~ nickel/blue "walking through shallow streams"

just food for thought. :) i couldn't really think of a better name for the gold/red or gold/purple. anyone have any suggestions?!

Whew! As of right now, all paid orders are packed, labeled, and will be handed to the mail carrier tomorrow. Additionally, if you contacted me about a trade for the green/copper you should have received a reply. So I'm completely caught up, for a little bit anyway!

So now I think it's time we get the cointest going! (Eartha, can you please update the subtitle?)

The coin needs an icon, but I'm drawing a complete blank on designing one. The only thing I know is that I don't want it to be just a paw print or just a footprint since both of those are already used. So come up with whatever you think best represents this coin.

Please post your submissions in this thread.

Submissions must be formatted in 32x32 AND 16x16.

Submit as many icons as you like.

I will accept submissions until 12:00 am mountain time - 1/1/10 (New Years).

The person who submits the chosen icon will win a trade only version of the Best Friends coin!

For those of you who don't have the ability/desire to create an icon, don't despair! Another cointest will be coming soon!

Beautiful coin my friend!

Unfortunatelly I do not know how to make nice icons etc!

I have an idea but I do not know if my post will count in the cointest!

Well... I hope at least that I will help a little! :antenna:

Since your coin has to do with friendship.... I think the yellow rose is a friendship symbol!

Try to find symbols that has to do with friendship!

I founs a site that has 4, and I loved the first one, with the crown.... but without the crown.... :antenna: The shaking hands in the shape of a heart is fantastic!!!

http://www.love-and-friendship.com/friends...ip-symbols.html

It shows love and friendship.... something that best friends have!!! :antenna:

To see what I mean.... Here is the symbol without the crown! Now if you make a font with the geocaching colors or leave it like that....

Sorry but I do not know how to cut the empty parts from the photo!

frienship.jpg

I believe it would be good to take permission first.... but I do nto know if the symbol actually belongs to them....

If you're waiting on a trade or a reply about a trade please give me a few days. I had a bunch of stuff come up (nothing bad) and am running behind! All paid orders are shipped but trades and replies about them got pushed to the back burner and are still sitting here. I should have them all out by Saturday or Monday. Sorry!

Whew, I got caught up so all trade coins have now been mailed and replies have been sent to all inquiries. If you haven't heard back from me please e-mail me through my gc profile since I may not have received your message.

At this point the coins are approximately half gone. If you're planning on ordering, don't wait! I'm still trading the green/copper version too! E-mail me if you're interested in a trade. :laughing:

As of this posting, here are the quantities remaining:

Nickel/Blue - 3

Gold/Red - 10 9

3pc set with 2-tone LE - 9

4pc set with 2-tone LE and glitter XLE - 13 11

AE Satin Gold/Purple - 2 (one is on ebay with less than a day to go, the other will be offered via eBay sometime next year)

Plus about 20 of the trade only versions.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

Edited by sunsetmeadowlark

I think that nils-Olovm had an idea too.... he doesn't know how to make icons (like me!), so he wrote his idea! :)

If that counts too, I have something in my mind but...

I saw that a beautiful symbol of friendship is a heart that 2 human hands holding it from its sides! One hand on the left, one on the right... but the hands are like they are about to shake.... I think it is an irish symbol!

I was wondering if the one hand can be changed into a dogs paw print! :)

If anyone can do this... you will see what I am talking about! :)

Number 3 and 4 are too dog related in my opinion. The coin is about friends, yes, also dogs can be friends, but the humans are not included in number 3 and 4.

in #4, the circle around the dog's paw is made of little human figures.... :)

Oh, really? Well, but the paw is much bigger... nonono, I want something more human-related :):)

I think that nils-Olovm had an idea too.... he doesn't know how to make icons (like me!), so he wrote his idea! :)

If that counts too, I have something in my mind but...

I saw that a beautiful symbol of friendship is a heart that 2 human hands holding it from its sides! One hand on the left, one on the right... but the hands are like they are about to shake.... I think it is an irish symbol!

I was wondering if the one hand can be changed into a dogs paw print! :)

If anyone can do this... you will see what I am talking about! :)

Oops, I missed that one! I'll see if I can work that idea up and will post it for him.

I have a human and a dog in mine. :) They're the same size. I thought the coin was about geodogs? Man's best friend and all?

It's about all friends. Human, canine, feline, or any other friend you may have. It actually came about due to my Sheltie getting attacked by another dog and an old Chinese proverb in a fortune cookie. I was feeling sentimental and this is the result. :)

As for the icon, I'm open to ALL submissions but I like to hear peoples input on them too since I want the final icon to be one that everyone feels best represents the coin. That could be harder than I originally thought since the coin definitely means different things to different people.

Here are a few icons. #1 was submitted by drneal, #2 is by Gatoulis, #3 is by murphyrulez, #4 is one I was playing with but I think it's a bit too busy. Anyone else have submissions?

1) FriendsIconDrNeal.jpg

2) FriendsIconGatoulis.jpg

3) FriendsIconMurphyrulez.jpg

4) FriendsIcon1ssml.jpg

The cointest is still running but I'd love to hear your opinions on these!

I Do, Willforward.....