Can one set up a PQ for DNFs?

jsarche

I searched as well as I could through past posts and couldn't find an answer: Is it possible to set up a pocket query to show me all the DNF logs I've posted?

I got to thinking recently it would be great to try to clear as many of my DNFs as possible, but I haven't kept track of them over the years. I just don't see a way to do it on the PQ page.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I searched as well as I could through past posts and couldn't find an answer: Is it possible to set up a pocket query to show me all the DNF logs I've posted?

I got to thinking recently it would be great to try to clear as many of my DNFs as possible, but I haven't kept track of them over the years. I just don't see a way to do it on the PQ page.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Not in a PQ, but you can see them if you go to http://www.geocaching.com/my click on the link towards the top, to the right of Quick View for "Geocaches" and then you can select "Didn't find it" to the right of Show:

I don't think you can do it directly but you could set up a bookmark and then create a PQ from that.

Just in case you aren't aware, here's how you can see all the caches you've DNFed:

1) Go to your profile page and under "My logs (last 30 days)" click the "Show all logs for: Caches" link

2) Then click the "Show: Didn't find it" link

This will show you all the caches you've logged a DNF for, even if you've since found them.

Edit: Oops - Castle Mischief beat me to the punch :)

Edited by mertat

I don't think you can do it directly but you could set up a bookmark and then create a PQ from that.

Just in case you aren't aware, here's how you can see all the caches you've DNFed:

1) Go to your profile page and under "My logs (last 30 days)" click the "Show all logs for: Caches" link

This will show you all the caches you've logged a DNF for, even if you've since found them.

Edit: Oops - Castle Mischief beat me to the punch :)

Thanks to you both! I should have known Groundspeak would have made this not only possible, but simple.

Now, if GS is listening! Please modify the result of the following process include the "Red Checkmark" indicating that the cacher has found it!

Now, if GS is listening! Please modify the result of the following process include the "Red Checkmark" indicating that the cacher has found it!

If I'm understanding correctly what you want, then it's already available :antenna: . Only instead of "Red Checkmark" it's simply "Found It".

The options available (I believe) depend on what type of logs you've made. My listing includes:

Archive

Attended

Didn’t Find

Found It

Owner Maintenance

Post Reviewer Note

Temporarily Disable Listing

Update Coordinates

Will Attend

Write Note

All Logs (default)

If I'm understanding correctly what you want, then it's already available :antenna: . Only instead of "Red Checkmark" it's simply "Found It".

The options available (I believe) depend on what type of logs you've made. My listing includes:

Archive

Attended

Didn’t Find

Found It

Owner Maintenance

Post Reviewer Note

Temporarily Disable Listing

Update Coordinates

Will Attend

Write Note

All Logs (default)

No, it's not the same thing. When you get the list of all of your DNF logs (via the "Didn't Find It"), your list shows all your DNFs (of course) with the frowny face. But it doesn't show any indication of whether you ever found it (i.e. subsequently).

You can, of course, create a PQ of all your DNFs and then preview it. The checkmark appears there. But, you have to create Bookmark List of your DNF caches first and be sure they are all there. Extra steps.....

Seems it would be pretty easy. The search only has to look for the DNF log plus the "Found It" flag.

It seems that all lists returned should show the Red Checkmark (except, of course, the "Found it" lists!!!). I would be the same coding for every function. So it would only have to be written once and then referenced as a subroutine (maybe old programming lingo!!).

And others have asked for the checkmark on each cache page (like next to the GC code or such). Would save looking through all the old logs for your log.

Edited by Cache O'Plenty