Here's your sign! (Cacher's car stuck at field)

Sileny Jizda

g1130006e8fcc7d3b02ff0921d9088da59ede5deb01791b.jpg Thought I'd post the photo
url=http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=d80f1f26-bcd1-4dff-96a4-34f7ecea3cb8]Probably this cache[/url], or possibly this one Either way, no one has logged a find since Black Friday. :D
One's been logged now, and on the right date...
Could that really be it? It's all of 300 feet from parking. :D
I dunno, but I've emailed the cacher to ask.

For gosh sakes, don't everyone flood them with hate mail, he'll never respond to say yes or no if his inbox is full of flames. (Plus, we don't know if it was him...)

Edited by Too Tall John

Wow, that geocache automatically gained a 5 star difficulty rating for needing specialized equipment to get to it! :D

On the other hand, these kinds of news stories really irk me. Geocaching has a hard enough time surviving in a world where many people have a negative view of the activity. When something like this happens, it can turn an entire community against geocaching.

I am all about a "park and grab," but sometimes it's the hike there that makes a geocache great!

We have a new log for the cache in question....

--Larry

Tells me that I can't view archived log entries. You can archive a log entry?
Most curious. Perhaps someone can remember better, but I swear the log was by "BillyBobNosePicker." In his bio section on his profile, it explained he was "William Robert" and he wanted to be a cosmetic surgeon, thus "NosePicker." He had found several caches, including the cache in question. The account was started this spring, and he had obviously been on to log this cache. My first reaction was "Sock Puppet, with some fake finds to make it look legit."

Now, according to the profile page, he's:

• Been a member since '07
  • Not actually a validated member
  • Last visited this spring.
  • Actually has a sincere sounding bio section, nothing about dreams of being a plastic surgeon/nose picker.

Did I remember the name wrong, or was there some editing from on high done after false logs were made with the account? :D

A-ha! After opening old tabs, I found the reason for the difference, The logger in question spelled "Billy" with three I's. BiIIy, that is.

BiIIyBobNosePicker

The log, of course has been deleted. I suspect that it was a fake.

Edited by Too Tall John
We have a new log for the cache in question....

--Larry

Tells me that I can't view archived log entries. You can archive a log entry?
Most curious. Perhaps someone can remember better, but I swear the log was by "BillyBobNosePicker." In his bio section on his profile, it explained he was "William Robert" and he wanted to be a cosmetic surgeon, thus "NosePicker." He had found several caches, including the cache in question. The account was started this spring, and he had obviously been on to log this cache. My first reaction was "Sock Puppet, with some fake finds to make it look legit."

Now, according to the profile page, he's:

• Been a member since '07
  • Not actually a validated member
  • Last visited this spring.
  • Actually has a sincere sounding bio section, nothing about dreams of being a plastic surgeon/nose picker.

Did I remember the name wrong, or was there some editing from on high done after false logs were made with the account? :D

You are completely correct, I looked at it also when it was first logged. Very strange.

You are completely correct, I looked at it also when it was first logged. Very strange.

I have that cache on a bookmark list, and I'm notified when a new log is added (the cache itself is about 80 miles from where I live). I posted that message within five minutes of receiving the notification. The log must have been deleted not long after it was entered.

I kept the e-mail notification, so I have the (now deleted) text of BiIIyBobNosePicker's log. It's pretty amusing. I would post it here, but I'm not sure that's an ethical thing to do.

--Larry

One's been logged now, and on the right date...
Could that really be it? It's all of 300 feet from parking. :o
I dunno, but I've emailed the cacher to ask.

For gosh sakes, don't everyone flood them with hate mail, he'll never respond to say yes or no if his inbox is full of flames. (Plus, we don't know if it was him...)

Just got a reply to my email. It was, indeed, that cacher. . . :)
There was some stupid woman here in England who had to be rescued after she drove her Mercedes into a river because "sat-nav told her to go that way".
I always take those reports (there are a ton of 'em) with a huge grain of salt. They just reek of urban legend to me.

Looks pretty real to me:

mercedes-sl500-440.jpg

The Article

That article looks pretty real to me.

Thank you for sharing. :P