Zagg 50% off sale today only 12/14

DarkBeer

Been there, done that, got the shirt, and I have no idea why Zaggs are so popular. They're one of the hardest screen protectors to install, they have a rubbery feel and fingers don't slide around on them very well (only important for touch screen devices), and they have a bumpy texture which causes distorted reflections. Oh, and they're way too expensive.

After a couple of miserable experiences with Zagg protectors on my cell phone and GPSr I switched to BoxWave protectors and I've never looked back. BoxWave makes both Crystal and Anti-Glare protectors which fit all popular consumer electronics devices (including GPSrs) and you'll never know how much better than Zagg they are until you try them. They're a snap to install, your finger won't drag on 'em, and the Crystal protector is truly invisible. That said, I prefer the Anti-Glare version on devices which are used outdoors.

Pete

Been there, done that, got the shirt, and I have no idea why Zaggs are so popular. They're one of the hardest screen protectors to install, they have a rubbery feel and fingers don't slide around on them very well (only important for touch screen devices), and they have a bumpy texture which causes distorted reflections. Oh, and they're way too expensive.

After a couple of miserable experiences with Zagg protectors on my cell phone and GPSr I switched to BoxWave protectors and I've never looked back. BoxWave makes both Crystal and Anti-Glare protectors which fit all popular consumer electronics devices (including GPSrs) and you'll never know how much better than Zagg they are until you try them. They're a snap to install, your finger won't drag on 'em, and the Crystal protector is truly invisible. That said, I prefer the Anti-Glare version on devices which are used outdoors.

Pete

Tried BoxWave Anti-Glare version on my Oregon 300 but it not adhered properly on edges of the screen, replaced with Zagg.

I thought I was the only one who felt this way about the Zagg.

It decreased visibility on my Nuvi, makes it much harder to slide my finger on the screen when panning, and I find one edge impossible to get right for those recessed LCDs. Seems to work better on the Oregon in terms of reduced visibility, but still not easy to install.

My earlier purchase (for Nuvi) comes with a spray bottle and rubber-like squeegee, in a box. The latest purchase (for the Oregon) comes in an envelope, with a sealed, soaked sponge and a plastic card. Cost cutting? The plastic film is also much harder to remove from the paper backing (but it came off cleanly eventually).

Tried BoxWave Anti-Glare version on my Oregon 300 but it not adhered properly on edges of the screen....

I actually had the same problem when I first tried apply a BoxWave on my Oregon 400t, but I discovered why that was happening: The corners and edges of my screen weren't perfectly clean. While I was trying to wipe the screen clean, I was actually wiping dust motes into the corners and edges.

So I removed the screen protector, rinsed it off with clear water, and blew all the water off with an aerosol duster. Then I carefully cleaned around the edges and corners of the screen with Q-tips dampened with rubbing alcohol and blew the screen off real good with the aerosol duster. Then I put the same screen protector back on and it layed down perfectly. Since then, I've applied BoxWave protectors to my nuvi. my iPod Touch, my Sprint Hero, and a couple of friends' GPSrs and all of those protectors layed down perfectly too.

The BoxWave screen protectors (like many others) are hard plastic so anything on the screen that might prevent it from laying down completely will have a greater effect than with a soft plastic protector like the Zagg. But take the time to clean the screen carefully and completely and you won't experience any problems. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?) the screen on the Oregon is recessed into the case so cleaning all the junk out of the edges and corners takes a little extra work.

Pete

Zagg is running a 50% off everything sale today only. Great time to pickup an invisibleSHIELD screen protector for your GPSr. http://www.zagg.com/

Sweet! Just bought a PN-40 screen protector. I'll have everything I need when my new GPS arrives in a few days!

Hey Achtung, how much was your screen protector? Are they $30 on sale for $14.99 or were they $14.99 and should be 50% off of that?

I ordered the same as you and paid $14.99. Did you use a coupon? I saw no coupon code to enter.

Zagg is running a 50% off everything sale today only. Great time to pickup an invisibleSHIELD screen protector for your GPSr. http://www.zagg.com/

Sweet! Just bought a PN-40 screen protector. I'll have everything I need when my new GPS arrives in a few days!

Hey Achtung, how much was your screen protector? Are they $30 on sale for $14.99 or were they $14.99 and should be 50% off of that?

I ordered the same as you and paid $14.99. Did you use a coupon? I saw no coupon code to enter.

Here are the details of my purchase today.

Here is a review of the item(s) you have ordered from ZAGG.com

Qty Items/Description Unit Price Total

1 Delorme PN-40 (Screen) 14.99 14.99

This order will be shipped using:

USPS First Class

Subtotal : 14.99

Shipping : 2.99

Tax : 0.71

Discount : - 7.50

Grand Total : $11.19 USD

Edited by achtung6