Your opinion on Lowa renegade gtx

kentwoodkrew

I used a pair of these for about a year and put several trail miles on them. I was generally happy with them, good support, and they lasted fairly well. I used a pair of superfeet inserts with mine. I replaced them with REI branded Merrells, but I would buy another pair with no reservations.

I am not sure about buying them too large, I would suggest having the folks at REI fit you properly.

Edited by Monkeybrad

I had Renegades and didn't care for them. They were incredibly comfortable as hiking boots go, but were very lacking in the support department. Not serious hiking boots. I hike a lot so I really put boots through the wringer and they didn't stand up. After a few months the stitching started coming out so I sent them back to REI,

My wife bought a pair against my advice because she was looking for comfort over support. She eventually decided that support was more important on the kinds of rocky trails we have here in NJ and gave the Renegades to our daughter.

Here is a short review for the Renegade that I wrote a while back.

If you are climbing scree and rip rap, I don't think they will cut the mustard.

P.S. I recall the size to be correct. I wear a 10.5 and I had 10.5 Renegades and they fit perfectly.

Edited by briansnat