Ammo Boxes

CMHN

Hi all,

I was wondering what kind of demand there may be for ammo boxes here? I have the opportunity to buy a couple pallets of boxes form a local military base, legally, and was wondering if anybody would be interested in them.

I can get the following:

11X4X7 witch are the 7.62mm ammo boxes.

13X5.5X14 witch are the 25mm ammo boxes.

12X6X7 witch are the 50cal ammo boxes.

Please don't think I am trying to sell anything in this post, I was just wondering if there was a demand for them and I will post a formal for sale post in the garage sale if I do get these items.

If this post is out of line, and doesnt belong here please forgive me, but I know that the people here that hide caches like ammo boxes and I thought I would help out, while making some extra money of coarse.

You'd be better off posting in a local forum. As mentioned, shipping costs are high, and if you search you can find vendors supplying them for around $6-$8 including shipping. But if you find local cachers who are interested, getting a pallet can be a great deal.

Edward

Do you know of a source for ammo cans by the pallet load?

You'd be better off posting in a local forum. As mentioned, shipping costs are high, and if you search you can find vendors supplying them for around $6-$8 including shipping. But if you find local cachers who are interested, getting a pallet can be a great deal.

Edward

Saw this in a nearby thread:

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/ende...k=P_Category_Id

That's just it, I'm able to get the boxes by the pallet load. At a very reasonable price. Way below what I see them selling for retail. I will be advertising them locally, on ebay, and other venues. I was just wondering if anybody here would be interested in them. Like I said, I'm not trying to sell any yet, just seeing if anybody is interested before I buy some.

Edited by CMHN

That's just it, I'm able to get the boxes by the pallet load. At a very reasonable price. Way below what I see them selling for retail. I will be advertising them locally, on ebay, and other venues. I was just wondering if anybody here would be interested in them. Like I said, I'm not trying to sell any yet, just seeing if anybody is interested before I buy some.

I'm sure there will be interest if the price is right. If there is a local geocaching org in your area contact them and see if there is interest. Also you'd be better off posting this in the mid Atlantic forums where

you are more likely to reach local geocachers.

Edward

Saw this in a nearby thread:

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/ende...k=P_Category_Id

None in California?!? :)