It's on track! Are you? GC1F31G

So I placed a cache that has not been found in over a year and some people got mad and claimed it was not ever placed, just listed. Well the reviewer deleted most of the comments and said to post such things in the forums. I myself think the logs should be the history of the cache and what people thought of the cache reguardless of what is said. But our reviewer does not see it that way so I will repost my comments and those I still have in the form of emails of others. Thus preserving the history and also my explanation of some of happenings of the cache too. I really do not understand why I can not answer questions about the cache in the logs but at least I can here. So have at it!

The reposts will be listed soon!

So I placed a cache that has not been found in over a year and some people got mad and claimed it was not ever placed, just listed. Well the reviewer deleted most of the comments and said to post such things in the forums. I myself think the logs should be the history of the cache and what people thought of the cache reguardless of what is said. But our reviewer does not see it that way so I will repost my comments and those I still have in the form of emails of others. Thus preserving the history and also my explanation of some of happenings of the cache too. I really do not understand why I can not answer questions about the cache in the logs but at least I can here. So have at it!

I agree that logs should be part of the history of a cache, however, I can also see the reviewers point. I appears that the reviewer felt that the logs were used too much for discussion, which is not their intended purposes. For a really difficult find I think that you can expect a bit of discussion amongst the seekers of your cache but at some point there needs to be a line drawn between comments related to the search (and subsequent DNF) and a back and forth discussion between the CO and seekers of the cache. Most of the discussion seemed to be related to a suggesting related changing the location, and one person (among many others) that thinks it should be archived because it's so hard to find. It seems that the kinds of things being discussed could be talked about in the forums as they're not so much about the history of the cache as much as they are about opinions about what should be done with it.

Personally, I think the location should not be changed and it appears that you're checking up on it enough to confirm that it is there. Eventually someone will find it and it'll probably change the nature of the logs quite a bit.

There was a puzzle that I worked on awhile back where the CO took an interesting approach. He would accept yes or no questions via email and post the question and answer as notes. That way everyone got a chance to see what was asked and after a month or so the puzzle was solved (I am one of the few to do so). You might offer to provide some hints (that's really up to you) with the caveat that the difficulty rating will go down as you do.

This one looks to me a bit like Shelter II and Shelter III in Indianapolis. Both have many more DNF logs than yours (but both have been found a few times as well).

THIS WAS POSTED...

December 12 by Baby75 (1007 found)

Ok...I'm all about looking for a cache that tests the mind and makes one think!! However, I'm not real sure what the intent on this cache is!! It's history is a bit disturbing in fact. Not real sure how a cache can be published and then it's owner later say it had to be moved 70+ feet and that a former set of coordinates were used by switching two digits of the coords?? I mean seriously.. it's like looking for a needle in a haystack to only later be told that it could have been in one of 200 haystacks... It almost seems like a "mind game" rather than a "hard to find cache"...as if someone's real intention is to have created a laugh for themselves by not really placing a cache at the site knowing people are going to look for it relentlessly being caused much frustration and headaches. If that's the case..I think many would agree "not funny!" At this point I must say that if one is to "not get on the train", "not go under the train", "not use a ladder", and "actually search for the cache within a 15 foot radius of where it's supposed to be by the provided coordinates....then this cache will never be found because IT IS NOT THERE!! I sure would like for a reviewer to have the owner prove the cache exists....or I'd love for the owner to meet me there and show me the cache and I'll never even log it...just to be shown that I'm wrong....and then I'll buy him a steak dinner and apologize for having ever doubted them (given of course it turns out to be in a place that's somewhere near where it's supposed to have been ....which would mean it's in a place where many "experienced" cachers have certainly looked and failed). Unless one of these things happens...for me.. this cache is officially boycotted, but I'll continue to watch it to see what happens. Would like to say TFTC, but can only say TFT frustration and disbelief.

SO I POSTED THIS...

Influence Waterfowl Calls posted a note for It's on track! Are you? (Traditional Cache) at 12/12/2009 Log Date: 12/12/2009Well folks, I can assure you that unless a muggle out witted all of you sense the last time I checked on it, it is there! In fact there is no way to even prove to you that it was there even if I posted a video of me retrieving it off of the train! You would just claim I just zoomed up there and slapped it on the day before or just before the tape started rolling. I must say that my interest in the whole geocaching thing has been fading but this has given me the refueling I needed. When the cache was placed I used a Garmin Camo GPSr. For those who are experts on a cache they have not found yet are unfamiliar with the Camo it is the low boy on the Etrex totem pole. So when you are getting the coords for a cache between a flood wall and a locomotive the Camo is not you best tool for achieving the best coords, but I tried. So I get reports of the coords being on the wrong side of the flood wall, and being 45 min away I used the same coords that put me and 394 other people, as of today, within feet of the cache. So do not judge my decision to use the coords I did, they have worked 395 times before. Oh yea now you will crab about the changing of the last digit on both the west and north part of the coords... Well put both into google earth and you will see that that is a difference of 7.69 feet. Woooooo I bet that makes it all that much harder. We all know we get to GZ and radiate from there. When you get to GZ and you are at the right front corner of a tank, sure you start there, but I can't count the times I found it elsewhere. The same goes for caboose caches. Let's see, I check on it when I am up there and I offer to up grade the container to a regular, but that is all to con people who paid $500 for their Colorado and who knows how much for everything else to do this into looking for a container that is not there. WRONG!!! In placing this cache I was looking for PAY BACK! No, No, No, you got it all wrong again so calm down... I placed this cache to be HARD! Not to torque people off and not to get my jollies looking at DNF logs. I made it hard because I want some one in my area to pay ME back by placing a HARD cache in my area so that I will have to look at that one cache, just right over there, that I CAN'T FIND! I in no way do I think I am the greatest. I like park and grabs too but you see, IT IS DONE, OVER and I have nothing to look for. But on the other hand if there was this cache say in Mayfield or Murray and I could not find it I would still have something to accomplish. Oh how I wish this cache was something more than a magnetized film can! Then I would be able to be proud of the hide! Nope, so I am stuck with this being nothing but an attempt to get you the people of the geocaching world to place a pay back cache to haunt me! Want someone to blame? Look up Mean Streak! Yea that's the one! I happened upon it and it was my inspiration! Oh how I wished I had the dough to just hop in the car and take a chance on being the FTF. But, I have not the funds and am reduced to calling down the thunder by placing a hard cache. So, what to do? Maybe an event, "The steak is on you Baby!" GC@$&*#. Naaaaaaaaaa! I will be in Paducah sometime, I will check to make sure my baby film can is ok like Murdock of the A-Team, climb back into the car to hear my wife say "Is it there", and then respond "Yep". Well enough of that... Hey thanks to all of you who have posted that you have faith that it is there and all. I would also like to thank everyone who has taken the time to send emails of encouragement and telling me to hang in there, someone will find it! And they will. Heck I can smell the smoke of the grill now! HE HE HE!

AND IT GOT DELETED.

Wow, I guess we learned something. If you post a Needs Maintenance or SBA log you can whine a cry and make all the false accusations that you want but if you defend a placement, cache owner or a comment in a note your note will be deleted :D

But now your cache has it's own topic in the forums, so that is pretty prestigious :D

IWC You should still be able to explain any changes that you made or make in an owner maintenance log. That is where that information needs to be. If not in the logs, you can just put some addendums in the cache listing. Any information that will benefit people seeking the cache should be on the cache listing and not in the forums.

I am appalled that the listing was actually disabled and you had to make a run just to confirm it was there because baby was upset because they could not find it, and if they can't find it then it must not have ever been placed??? :D:D:D

You know I'm a lot closer to the cache and if you want to just toss a couple extra hints my way I'll be glad to check on it for you :D:D:D

Wow, I guess we learned something. If you post a Needs Maintenance or SBA log you can whine a cry and make all the false accusations that you want but if you defend a placement, cache owner or a comment in a note your note will be deleted :D

But now your cache has it's own topic in the forums, so that is pretty prestigious :D

IWC You should still be able to explain any changes that you made or make in an owner maintenance log. That is where that information needs to be. If not in the logs, you can just put some addendums in the cache listing. Any information that will benefit people seeking the cache should be on the cache listing and not in the forums.

I am appalled that the listing was actually disabled and you had to make a run just to confirm it was there because baby was upset because they could not find it, and if they can't find it then it must not have ever been placed??? :D:D:D

You know I'm a lot closer to the cache and if you want to just toss a couple extra hints my way I'll be glad to check on it for you :D:D:D

i will admit that after driving over 500 miles over the life of this cache i wondered if it was there. but knowing ICW has a twisted side i knew it was there so kept looking. although we have not looked for a while we have not givin up. i just need to learn this twist the same way i learned troublesome truck... right ICW???? thanks for the challenge man. :D

i will admit that after driving over 500 miles over the life of this cache i wondered if it was there. but knowing ICW has a twisted side i knew it was there so kept looking. although we have not looked for a while we have not givin up. i just need to learn this twist the same way i learned troublesome truck... right ICW???? thanks for the challenge man. :D

No twist here just my signature magnetic film can! Good luck!

I had to add Joe's response to it all! It got removed too!

GEO.JOE posted a note for It's on track! Are you? (Traditional Cache) at 12/13/2009 Log Date: 12/13/2009Wow, what a baby! I am amazed at the egocentric attitudes of some people!!! Just because you can't find something then it must not have ever been placed??? You really have a very high opinion of yourself, don't you? Since you did not find it, it bruised your fragile ego enough that you feel the "right" to post a needs archive log??? That is ridiculous! It is great to have an opinion and to state your opinion but why hassle the reviewer with trivial BS like this? If IWC says that the cache is there, It Is There. I hope he takes you up on your offer so he can get a nice big ol steak while you munch on some crow, suck on your thumb and whine a little more. [:D)]

,<snip>...Well the reviewer deleted most of the comments and said to post such things in the forums. I myself think the logs should be the history of the cache and what people thought of the cache reguardless of what is said....<snip>

I don't see a problem with the contents of what you posted...

However when I read "Hey thanks to all of you who have posted that you have faith that it is there and all. "

...perhaps there was a lot more conversation going on that should have been managed in another location?

Just wanted you to know that this cache is getting some press time in Alabama. So much so, that a trip may be in the offing just to look for this cache. :D

Yeah, we are crazy down here (or at least some of us).

As of right now... planning on being there at 8:00 AM CT on January 1, but plans change dramatically from moment to moment.

Joe

Just wanted you to know that this cache is getting some press time in Alabama. So much so, that a trip may be in the offing just to look for this cache. :D

As of right now... planning on being there at 8:00 AM CT on January 1, but plans change dramatically from moment to moment.

Joe

Got a link?

We all know that IWC does have a twisted side, but I assure you it is there (I just don't know where). There is no reason in the world that he would have countless people spending countless hours looking for this cache. I think that some poeple think that since they are "Experienced" cachers, that they should just show up and find it. Let's put this on another level, remember the first time you set out to Geocache? Do you remember the trouble you had? How about the first 50 caches you found? How many DNF's did you log (Or not log)? Maybe the "Experienced" cachers have met their match. Obviously, this is not a P & G. I admit that Baby75 has 1007 finds, and that is commendable, (I am approaching a 1000 myself) but her Terrain/Difficulty average is 1.69/1.54. You didn't find over 1000 caches by hunting old train engines for 5/1.5 caches. Come on. It's just a hard cache. It'll bruise your ego a little, but it'll be worth it when someone finds it.

Wow! When things blow up on here they really go. :D

I was reading the logs on the cache page and was surprised that Baby put all of that stuff on their and had the audacity to put a needs archiving on the logs. I remember visiting her hometown (Clarksville, TN) and not finding any of hers that I searched for. There was one GC1BKHR She didn't verify that they had been muggled for over 3 months until after several others had logged DNFs. A veteran cacher should understand that putting a Needs Archiving on a log because you are mad that you couldn't find it is not the smartest thing to do especially since people could retaliate and do the same to theirs.

If you don't like the cache just don't search for it again.

Wow, looks like the "fit hit the shan" this weekend. Impressive. Perhaps all this attention will get people re-interested in the cache.

It makes me want to grab the flashlight and head down there right now before the masses of cachers descend on the cache to get the coveted FTF.

I want the FTF to be me but I know I have not put the time in to justify it. I just need to quit looking in the exact same places as I have looked 3 times. I should know that it is not in those places by now : )

I am one that did not log a DNF on this cache, as I just searched for 15-20 minutes and didn't give the due diligence necessary. I have shared the link to the cache with my local cachers and one even mentioned forming a find posse to come on over and have another look. Maybe we can help you get that steak dinner.

IWC... props on standing your ground and not changing the container or location just because some people couldn't find the cache. If it was meant to be a park and grab, you obviously wouldn't have made the diff level so high. People over here get mad because SOME PEOPLE make puzzles that are hard (nearly impossible?) to solve. Those people that get mad have discovered the ignore button. Nice job on the hide!!

Hat's off to you IWC & a Big High 5.

We got a Tank Cache up here that hasn't been found since it was Published back 7/31 & it a simple find we think. Plus we got a cache on a Caboose in downtown Henderson which was published about 2 weeks now & not a single log or note yet,,lol We hope we can get our own forum from it too,,lol Just Kidding.

We love seeing people finding our caches.

We didn't add no hints to the Tank or the Caboose & have no plans to add any either.

I tell ya, Just looking at the pictures on the cache listing, there is no way we're coming down there to hunt for this cache even for Steak for the rest of our lifes. We'll pass on it right now. But we going to put this puppie on our watch list,,hehehehehe

^5 again Brother & GL to all the cachers who dare to hunt it.

PS, We got a Nite Cache to that has only been found once too & that was over 9 months ago. We believe cachers up here are scared of the dark,,lmao

I've made one run on this cache, and am planning another. I have hunted enough of IWC's caches to know that even his "easy" caches are not always easy. I read a lot of logs on caches I have placed, I have found, and just some in the area that I haven't attempted but am planning to find.

It amazes how many cachers, especially new cachers, post comments about missing caches because "If I didn't find it, it isn't there. I am way too smart to overlook such an obvious placement."

There is a bridge cache about 20 miles from where I live that was placed when I was with the cache owner. I was in the area again a few months later, so I decided to go find it since I was going to have to use my GPS to even find the area it was in.

Lo and behold, about 5 feet from the cache, in plain view was another keyholder placed on the guardrail. When I got home to log the find, it seems that about 3 days earlier someone had searched for the original cache, not found it, deemed it missing, and replaced it as a "favor" to the CO. Yay, three cheers for you!

Just because you didn't find a cache doesn't mean it is missing. If you want to get on my bad side, replace one of my caches without contacting me first. I am pretty lenient as a cache owner- if my cache is missing and you can prove you were at the right place, I will let you log it if you so choose because it is not your fault it was gone. I will disable the listing, and go replace the cache.

I can guarantee that any of the following will eternally place you on my "lit shist": 1)Replacing my cache without my permission, 2)Griping about how you hate the cache- if you don't like it, say so, I can take it. But I don't need a 3-page dissertation of your grumblings, or 3)Ranting on and on about how the cache isn't fair because you couldn't find it- even if it is rated as a more difficult cache.

Sometimes, caches are just meant to be hard to find. We spent a cumulative 4 plus hours looking for "#576" in Nashville, and it is a 3.5 difficulty. I wasn't sour towards the CO because it took us so long to find- I was elated when I found it. If I make it back up to Paducah and happen to ever find this cache, elation will be my story. If I don't find it, it will because IWC is a step ahead of me.

Hey thanks everyone for the positive comments! I hate to see it come to this but it sure has increased the # of watchers HE HE HE :)

I only considered changing the cache to regular size because it is about the only place I think a cache that size could exist down there. But everyone wanted it to stay the way it is.

I will be double checking on it soon on an undisclosed date and time for security reasons. :lol:

That would be cool if the Bama crew made a run on it! I never expected that! :lol:

I know I am forgetting something but man there is a lot of action with this one lately!

Just wanted you to know that this cache is getting some press time in Alabama. So much so, that a trip may be in the offing just to look for this cache. :lol:

Joe

Hey there has been talk of holding and event to tackle this one. If you can get where you know you guys are coming that would be a great time to hold one! Assuming it will make it that long.! :)

just another bama fan watching this one too.I would love to come that way for a hunt but the muggle wife says i've been on to many so i can't make it any time soon.I for one vote on not having an event for this one.I'm not sure about up there but down here once the cat is out of the bag on a great hide like yours the paf line goes nuts and the great hide just becomes another find for most.I see a legend in the making here

What state are you talking about?

What state are you talking about?

The It's on Track, are you? cache is in Paducah, KY

:) It has been found!!!! Two groups, 8 people, within 1 hour of each other. Now let the horde of geocachers to come on an get it!

I hope you enjoy your steak dinner!!!

Since I have now found it...

1) Definitely keep it a micro, and

2) Forget the big event to tackle the train in masse.

Also, I no longer consider you to be the "Evil Trail Cache Guru"

Edited by trailhound1

GRRR. Started to post this on the page, but decided Bluegrass reviewer might get ticked, so.... I deleted it and will post here. Request to reviewer. Please block Baby75 from commenting on this cache. Surely there is a way you can do so. You would have an entire region of much happier cachers if you could just make her go away. Thank you. Congrats to everyone who found it today.

Well the drama continues! Here is the log...

Location: Kentucky, United StatesBaby75 posted a note for It's on track! Are you? (Traditional Cache) at 12/19/2009 Log Date: 12/19/2009Congratulations to my fellow Clarksville cachers for finding this cache! I am so proud of you guys. Way to go TGIZ!! Note for cache owner: I stand by what I said on December 12th...please refer back to my original log... If it were to be proven to me that this cache had in fact always been in place and could be found without climbing on the train, under the train, or into the train and violating the rule of "STAY OFF" the train I would buy you a steak dinner...however, I find it quite "funny" that this cache magically appears and that my fellow Clarksvillians who had already torn this train apart on several occasions found it "very likely" in one of the spots it wasn't in before.... just makes one wonder!! But, then again this just might be the cache of the century... a magic cache in fact... one that just appears after several people come along and point out a few of it's little problems (like not really existing) and then POOF, just like the magic dragon, it's there!! Well, anyway.... Thanks for placing the cache, just last week so my fellow cachers and friends could claim an FTF!! Way to go Clarksville!!

Here is my responce...

I find it sad that you are such a doubter. Believe what you wish. Even if I met you there you would just claim I was there earlier. I am a very honest person and if you can not trust it when I told you it is there then you can not trust anyone. The fact is that with people like you there is no way to prove things. You will always have an excuse. You are not the god of geocaching and therefore will not find every cache you set out for. Just because you did not see it does not mean it is not there. Read all of the logs, you were not the only one who was disproved with my checking on it and the finds! I did not have you drive up there to prove anything because this is the same result I would have got if I did. In fact I have no reason to believe you would have even stuck to your word! The fact is that it was there and that you little episode got the cache the attention it needed to fire people up to find it. So thanks, because that is why I placed it, to be found. I think some grow up and get over it pills are in order. It was there and there is no way for you to prove it was not. Catch 22! I hope you take this little event and learn something positive. Until then...

Good Day!

IWC

www.needgod.com

Congratulations to all the finders! So two groups found it in one day? Is it easier to find now that the FTF is gone, I better get down there quick before it blends in again :)

WTG on the FTF tgiz, RUSaved2 and Cabear

I think you're onto something! Now that the cache has finally received a little attention, it craves human contact... better get out there and find it before it grows cold and withdraws into its shell again...

Thanks for the 'grats all!

Since I have found it and since I have met and talked with IWC and Baby75, then I think I have to make this reply:

1) It was found in a spot that I have on many occasions thought about looking and for some reason (cobwebs, "oh it would not be there", "I think it might be here", etc.) I never really tried searching that location hard enough. That did not mean it was not there.

2) Yes there are signs posted about not climbing on the train. However, just because one person might not be able to find it does not mean

a. the CO could not get to it easier that I could,

b. the CO is lying about the cache and it placement, and

c. it is hidden in a spot that violates the rules of geocaching.

I'm sorry that Baby75 could not find the cache the two times that she and her friends came to find it. Many others have came and left on many more occassions, including myself and my family (and until now, who I thought was the biggest nay-sayer, my daughter, TrailPrincess), having spent many more hours, and still came back for more of the FUN that geocaching is all about.

Get Over It Baby75. I was there last week. I watched the whole lot climb all over that train and take it apart, but never did I see one person look in the actual hiding spot. You came up empty, live with it, and stop spoiling the hobby with your tripe.

When I first met you, I thought you were a nice geocacher, someone (with all the other that were there) that it would be interesting to do some geocaching with especially in Clarksville. But the constant negative comments on the cache page is not what geoachers want to here. They want to here about successful and non-successful hunts. They want to read the comments and hope some one will slip and give a little bit of a clue. NOT A BUNCH OF TRIPE.

Since you have said that it might have been placed this week after your unsuccessful attempt to have it archived:

1) How many times have geocachers not found yours after you first put it out? How would you like it if someone post a reply to the reviewer that your cache was not there and it should be archived?

2) How can we really believe that you have found each and everyone of your 1007 finds? Did you actually find it? Or were you off looking at another near-by location, when someone else yelled "I found it"?

Now for IWC, I believed you from the beginning that it was there and that is why I kept going back and spent hours looking and formulating new ideas where it could be. And yes, Baby75 has ignited a whole new fervor for finding it. But please, PLEASE, do not be as negative toward her as she is towards you. Feeding the fire, i.e. defending your actions or yourself, is not neccessary. There are many geocachers who know you and look forward to finding your caches and waiting for the next innovation you have developed. I even know two geocachers and a 72 year-old mother from Missouri that are interested in the train and are now upset that I found it and they did not. Keep your mind focused on the love of the game.

Edited by trailhound1

Here it is... Get a load of that! HE HE HE

Location: Kentucky, United StatesBaby75 requested It's on track! Are you? (Traditional Cache) to be archived at 12/19/2009 Log Date: 12/19/2009Reviewer: I now know for a fact that in order to find this cache you must violate the rule clearly posted on the train that this cache is now hidden on...please refer to the picture of the train loaded on the cache page that says "STAY OFF TRAIN." That sign and rule is placed there for a reason, to preserve the train for all to enjoy as well as ensure the safety of those who come to view it... so clearly one must violate that rule in order to find this cache by crawling underneath the cache or into it for examples. This cache is not safe and does violate the rules of geocaching!!

Not safe? HA! :)

Congratulations to all the finders! So two groups found it in one day? Is it easier to find now that the FTF is gone, I better get down there quick before it blends in again :)

WTG on the FTF tgiz, RUSaved2 and Cabear

I think you're onto something! Now that the cache has finally received a little attention, it craves human contact... better get out there and find it before it grows cold and withdraws into its shell again...

Thanks for the 'grats all!

I think the cache has gotten cold and went back into hiding again :) I spent another 20 min with a flashlight looking in spots I have not looked and sticking my hands in spot I have not felt before. It was 31 degrees and the wind was right in my face so when my hands started hurting I called it quits for the night. I have been saying all week that I wanted to get back out there to find it before the rush of finders swarmed in but I just waited too long, But it hasn't made it any easier for me and I'm too broke to even bribe anyone :)B):)

Edited by GEO.JOE

She claims you have to violate the signs that say to stay off of the train. Well I can walk up and grab the cache without climbing or getting under anything. Just stand there and grab it. Must stink to be proven wrong! :DB) Poor Baby75! :)

I will not be surprised if the cache gets the ax because of it though!

Now:

When you "walk up" to the train, where are you standing?

When you "grab" the cache - are reaching forward, to the right, left or up? Are you bent over, looking down, looking up, looking behind?

Are you reaching into, under, behind someplace you can not see into?

:) I'm uh, just wanting to .... make sure that, uh no signs are violated, yeah that's all I'm doing :)

Thanks for helping me figure this out.

Oh yeah do you have to climb on the train :D:):)