entry fee to National Parks

toczygroszek

I have to ask about rule, what you can find in FAQ:

EarthCaches are a great tool for outdoor museums and other groups to provide an outdoor learning experience for their visitors. EarthCaches cannot be however inside Museums or visitor centres and need to be accessiable after hours. EarthCaches developed that require people to pay an entry fee will be discouraged.

I want to develop some Earthcaches, as I'm geomorfologist and I really like idea of EarthCache. Lot of interesting geological and geomorphological structures are on national parks area - and that's the one of reason what national parks are for. But some national parks require pay an entry fee. So can I place an Earthcache on a national park ground where is an entry fee?

Maybe it's a stupid question, but I prefer ask about clarification to avoid my disappointing after I will do all hard job. Thanks.

I have to ask about rule, what you can find in FAQ:

EarthCaches are a great tool for outdoor museums and other groups to provide an outdoor learning experience for their visitors. EarthCaches cannot be however inside Museums or visitor centres and need to be accessiable after hours. EarthCaches developed that require people to pay an entry fee will be discouraged.

I want to develop some Earthcaches, as I'm geomorfologist and I really like idea of EarthCache. Lot of interesting geological and geomorphological structures are on national parks area - and that's the one of reason what national parks are for. But some national parks require pay an entry fee. So can I place an Earthcache on a national park ground where is an entry fee?

Maybe it's a stupid question, but I prefer ask about clarification to avoid my disappointing after I will do all hard job. Thanks.

Every NP I have been in there was an entry fee, and there were also Earthcaches and virtuals in some of them. I have been told you should get permission before creating an Earthcache even though you aren't creating anything physical like a normal cache would be.

So can I place an Earthcache on a national park ground where is an entry fee?

I believe Public Lands such as that have always been allowed by Groundspeak. The crux of the issue usually revolves around whether the land is managed by a for profit business, or public non-profit. An Earthcache in Disneyland, for instance, might require permission from Groundspeak.

I think your bigger hurdle is going to be getting permission from the Administration of the National Park.

Good luck!

I believe Public Lands such as that have always been allowed by Groundspeak. The crux of the issue usually revolves around whether the land is managed by a for profit business, or public non-profit. An Earthcache in Disneyland, for instance, might require permission from Groundspeak.

Hey, an Earthcache in Disneyland, that's an idea! There must have been some fascinating geological processes going on for an alpine mountain to arise in the middle of a Southern California orange grove! :D:D

Patty

I think your bigger hurdle is going to be getting permission from the Administration of the National Park.

I know that well, I'm looking for manger of nature reserve more than 2 month and just can't find him, nobody knows who is land manager of this area :laughing:

So I prefer make sure before I will do all hard job with permission. Thanks guys again!

I know that well, I'm looking for manger of nature reserve more than 2 month and just can't find him, nobody knows who is land manager of this area :grin:

So I prefer make sure before I will do all hard job with permission. Thanks guys again!

I live and work in Yellowstone and yes there is an entry fee, but I have found getting permission for an Earthcache is just an email away. You just need to ask at the park Visitors Services Office for permission. The earthcache team wanted the email so i did that. The park will let you know where you can and cannot put an Earthcache. Most of the park is closed in the winter to normal travel but come in the summer there are dozens of Earthcache here :D

I live and work in Yellowstone and yes there is an entry fee, but I have found getting permission for an Earthcache is just an email away. You just need to ask at the park Visitors Services Office for permission. The earthcache team wanted the email so i did that. The park will let you know where you can and cannot put an Earthcache. Most of the park is closed in the winter to normal travel but come in the summer there are dozens of Earthcache here :ph34r:

I'm happy to hear this park's approval process is so easy. I'll have to check to see how many more got set up there. The park is worth another few visits.