Feature request: My Trackables.

Nils-Olov

I would like to have a special PQ that gives me information on all my travelbugs and geocoins. The information I'm interested in is tre name, in what cache it is in or was last, if it have been retrieved who has it, the icon to represent it on the map.

I will use it to show my travelbugs and geocoins on a map. I'm experimenting with that application right now and the information is updated manually. For those who are interested look at http://fson.se/geostat/travelbugmap.html. The application don't work in Internet Explorer so far, please use Firefox, Chrome or Opera.

I like the idea your trying to accomplish, but I can see a couple technical challenges that might make it impractical... at-least in the short term. Currently a PQ doens't include any information about trackables in a cache... and chaning the way PQs work involved coordinating with hardware manufactures and software vendors. I think Groundspeak is gun-shy about making changes to the PQ standards in a world where the GPSr manufactures are only just now starting to fully support PQs as it is.

I like the idea your trying to accomplish, but I can see a couple technical challenges that might make it impractical... at-least in the short term. Currently a PQ doens't include any information about trackables in a cache... and chaning the way PQs work involved coordinating with hardware manufactures and software vendors. I think Groundspeak is gun-shy about making changes to the PQ standards in a world where the GPSr manufactures are only just now starting to fully support PQs as it is.

The Pocket Query GPX does contain information about trackables in caches. This is simply a list of the travelbugs in each cache with the travelbug id TB code and a name (not the tracking code)

<Groundspeak:travelbugs> 
  <Groundspeak:travelbug id="146755" ref="TB23D43">
		 <Groundspeak:name>Agnes</Groundspeak:name>	
  </Groundspeak:travelbug>  
</Groundspeak:travelbugs>

What the OP wants is a PQ that returns all the caches that contain a Travel Bug that he owns or was the last cache that contained a travelbug that he owns if the bug is not currently in a cache. I suspect that while this query may be complex it is doable. The results of the PQ would not have to contain anything different than what a pocket query already contains. For someone who owns a lot of travelbugs such a query could help them keep track of them.

The way to search is already designed in order to display the overview on My Profile - Trackables(mine). What is needed is to design the actual XML format and add a new button on the PQ web page. How often I should be allowed to ask for it I will let Groundspeak decide.

An other way is that Groundspeak make the map I want to see as an option on the Trackables page.

Edited by nils-Olov