GINKGO - Living Fossil Coin

Vanelle

The Ginkgo is one of my all-time favorite trees. The distinctive fan-shape of the leaves, the way they turn the clearest yellow in the fall, the slow, sturdy and proud way they grow – how can you help but admire them?

Ginkgo is a unique tree species, with no close living relatives. It is the best-known example of a living fossil, because it is the only species remaining of a genus which lived in the time of the dinosaurs. Some fossils relating to the modern Ginkgo date back 270 million years! An individual tree may live as long as 3,000 years.

It is often associated with Hope and is held up as a symbol of the strength in all of us.

05aa02f1-4df2-446d-ad77-511d4f117472.jpg

Here is a snippet of an early sketch for the coin I designed in honor of this timeless tree. There is an actual Gingko leaf in the photo, from the tree in my yard.

It will be trackable on geocaching.com

I will have a version to trade, and there will be a store version as well. We're still working out metals and finishes, but the coin is in production. I’ll post more images as the work progresses. I hope you like it.

Edited by Vanelle

Nice Coin , Moop, Great Idea and , is that a P in the lettering?

OOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo, Will there be copper,

PPPPPPLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE ....

This would look super as a necklace, Verry Pretty

Opalsns

it's not my coin :blink: Vanelle is in charge of this one. I just might know who's going to retail it :laughing:

And hmmmmmmm, copper? Dunno :blink:

Nice Coin , Moop, Great Idea and , is that a P in the lettering?

OOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo, Will there be copper,

PPPPPPLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE ....

This would look super as a necklace, Verry Pretty

Opalsns

it's not my coin :blink: Vanelle is in charge of this one. I just might know who's going to retail it :laughing:

And hmmmmmmm, copper? Dunno :blink:

WOOPs,

Great Job Vanelle!!!! Would Be a pretty piece of jewelery.

Ummm, any copper?

The Ginkgo is one of my all-time favorite trees. The distinctive fan-shape of the leaves, the way they turn the clearest yellow in the fall, the slow, sturdy and proud way they grow – how can you help but admire them?

Ginkgo is a unique tree species, with no close living relatives. It is the best-known example of a living fossil, because it is the only species remaining of a genus which lived in the time of the dinosaurs. Some fossils relating to the modern Ginkgo date back 270 million years! An individual tree may live as long as 3,000 years.

It is often associated with Hope and is held up as a symbol of the strength in all of us.

Here is a snippet of an early sketch for the coin I designed in honor of this timeless tree. There is an actual Gingko leaf in the photo, from the tree in my yard.

I will have a version to trade, and there will be a store version as well. We're still working out metals and finishes, but the coin is in production. I'll post more images as the work progresses. I hope you like it.

do you mean you'll have a COPPER one for trade? :laughing:

I will have a version to trade, and there will be a store version as well. We're still working out metals and finishes, but the coin is in production. I'll post more images as the work progresses. I hope you like it.

do you mean you'll have a COPPER one for trade? :laughing:

Yeah, curious minds wanna know, Tee Hee,!!!! What GG said!!!!

Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm really pleased some folks like it. I'll get a trade list updated as well, DrNeal

As to thickness, it will be a heavy coin - 4mm thick I believe. And approximately 1.75" x 1.5" in size.

I can't guarantee, but yes, there is also a copper version under consideration (gardengorilla and opalsns). Keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm really pleased some folks like it. I'll get a trade list updated as well, DrNeal

As to thickness, it will be a heavy coin - 4mm thick I believe. And approximately 1.75" x 1.5" in size.

I can't guarantee, but yes, there is also a copper version under consideration (gardengorilla and opalsns). Keep your fingers crossed.

Amazingly beautiful coin!!!!! WOW!!!! Simple and so pretty design!!!!! BRAVO!!!!!!!

It is an adorable coin!!!! I really love it!!!! Congrats my friend!!!!

ginkgo has some wonderful medicinal values, but i can't quite seem to remember what they are.

ILYK

The gingko gives you a warm sense of happiness and belonging when you hold the new coin in your hand!! :)

Hope to partake in some of that medicinal value - great looking coins and fossils too!! :)

Perhaps some fossil trades down the road?

You guys are very funny.

First of all - HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! I am very excited for Christmas tomorrow. Made gingerbread and cleaned the house today. Feeling cozy and warm and calm. It's nice to stop everything and just be together for a few days.

So, I have a couple of photos of some of the samples from the mint. Please keep in mind that mint photos usually look much crummier than the coin in person. I haven't seen the actual coins yet, but should in a few weeks. And yes, I am still hopeful for a copper version. :ph34r:

The yellow one will be the AE edition, and the green one will be for sale through a vendor.

Here is the picture: (did you even read the other stuff? :rolleyes: )

e65c3305-73e7-49a8-93a3-4289df6e02b3.jpg

Enjoy your holiday.

Merry Christmas my friend!!!!!!!!!!

wow!!!!! I do not know which is pretier... the yelow or the green!!! both are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So..... you will have a summer edition and a fall edition??? :rolleyes:

Hmm.... and you are planning a copper one..... hmm... will that be full metal??? :ph34r:

If those are crummy mint photos, then the coins will be absolutely spectacular in person. They look fantastic! Got any shots of the other side?

Here's a pic of the other side:

4da55097-4cfd-4cfb-a4f5-24fd5f2ea301.jpg

Once I know the details on final versions, vendor sale location and prices, I will post it here. I am not 100% sure, but they might be arriving in a couple of weeks. Guess I should start on an icon!

If those are crummy mint photos, then the coins will be absolutely spectacular in person. They look fantastic! Got any shots of the other side?

Here's a pic of the other side:

4da55097-4cfd-4cfb-a4f5-24fd5f2ea301.jpg

Once I know the details on final versions, vendor sale location and prices, I will post it here. I am not 100% sure, but they might be arriving in a couple of weeks. Guess I should start on an icon!

Yes you should. They might be here faster than you think :rolleyes:

gc.com doesn't go to geocaching.com. :/

Such a gorgeous coin, I can't wait to get my hands on one (or two or three)!

I finally noticed that on the newest pictures. If you google it, you get the right links though. Was that intentional, or an oversight in the design? Being that I never noticed it in the artwork, I guess others also did not?

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

I finally noticed that on the newest pictures. If you google it, you get the right links though. Was that intentional, or an oversight in the design? Being that I never noticed it in the artwork, I guess others also did not?

Well, I'm feeling quite sick over this one. It is a complete oversight on my part that no one noticed until anne saw it here.... I didn't realize.

Well, I'm feeling quite sick over this one. It is a complete oversight on my part that no one noticed until anne saw it here.... I didn't realize.

Has the final order gone to mint, or just the samples??